exotically colored silkworms!

ladysilkworm

Established Member
Here are my colored silkworms for everyone to see!

:D

Attachments

• CSC_2784.jpg
    CSC_2784.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 188
Are they exotically colored or abnormally colored?

Are there any health benefits or is this for aesthetic purpose only?

They are fed a specially formulated food from china. I don't believe they have been tested at all as feeders, so I'm not sure these would be safe in the long run. You can buy the food off her site or you can import some from china.

They are fed a specially formulated food from china. I don't believe they have been tested at all as feeders, so I'm not sure these would be safe in the long run. You can buy the food off her site or you can import some from china.

So to get them to color like that, you have to feed them that food since they hatch?

No, it's actually best if you feed it to them once they are 1" plus. I believe the food does not make them thrive while young.

I would feed my silkies beets and carrots when they reach about an inch, so when they spin silk it has a reddish color. It's cool, you guys should try it.

No, it's actually best if you feed it to them once they are 1" plus. I believe the food does not make them thrive while young.

yeah, I am here in NY so I went to bed with the kids.

it is recommended that you feed them after 1 inch long.. however, I've been feeding them since they were born and they took on the purple nicely.

yes they are imported chow from china. The silkworms are raised as pets for children and for silk, and are not used as feeders. So these chows are created for recreational purpose. They can cocoon that color too.

thx for checking.

Back
Top Bottom