Exotic Vets in North Cali?

I live in sacramento (northern california) and I have never brought Chammy to an exotic vet. The only time Chammy went to the vet she, it wasn't an exotic one, it was just a regular vet the cats go to but they said they see reptiles too. I went in, they looked at it on my hand (no they didn't even touch it) said it looked healthy and let me leave without even charging me (probably didnt charge me because they didnt know anything about chameleons). I want to bring her to a vet soon but I don't know any near Sacramento.

I think there is 1 in san francisco, 2 in castro valley and 1 in union city. I called the one in san francisco when I was trying to save a baby garter snake my children found...but they are pricey!

I know Berkeley is far too, but Dr. Kenneth Harkewicz at Berkeley Dog & Cat Hospital is the best reptile vet. If you ever have a serious problem, it would be worth the drive. Even East Bay Vivarium takes all their sick herps to him.

If its an emergency I wouldn't mind going that far but I need a close vet for regulars. I'm taking a look at Jannb's link right now

I'm in Sacramento as well. Though I have been fortunate and have not needed an exotic vet in quite a while, I have looked up a couple possibilities:

The Bird and Pet Clinic in Roseville is where a lot of local reptile keepers go. I am not sure about their chameleon creds though.

Another option is UC Davis' Exotic Animals Service (http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/vmth/small_animal/cape/index.cfm). This is a service run by diplomates of zoological medicine, and they cater specifically to exotics.

These are my suggestions, but like I said, I haven't been to an exotic vet for a few years. Please let me know if you find someone local with chameleon experience.

Exotic vet in Roseville ca

There is actually a vet in Roseville, it is the Bird and Pet Clinic of Roseville, their address is 3985 Foothills Blvd, Roseville, CA 95747, 916-773-6049. They are a regular vet, but do reptiles and chameleons as well!! i havent used them yet for my chameleons (thank goodness) however they come highly recommended, and the only ones in this area i've found. hope it helps! thanks

Exotic vet in Roseville ca

There is actually a vet in Roseville, it is the Bird and Pet Clinic of Roseville, their address is 3985 Foothills Blvd, Roseville, CA 95747, 916-773-6049. They are a regular vet, but do reptiles and chameleons as well!! i havent used them yet for my chameleons (thank goodness) however they come highly recommended, and the only ones in this area i've found. hope it helps! thanks

Also $70 :(

Back
Top Bottom