Exo Terra Terrarium Lamp Controller

oldmann

Anyone use this product? Looking for a nice twin 24" tube fixture and came across this. Wondering how to mount the endcaps in a custom built box too.

Exo Terra Terrarium Lamp Controller 2 x 20 watts

Thanks in advance for the replies.

I found a twin 24inch fixture on clearance at Menards. i think I paid 10 dollars for it. I built a box out of 3/4 inch plywood and lined it with aluminum tape to reflect the light. I have a daylight bulb and reptiglow 5.0 it lights my cage beautifully.

Hey. There are two types. One with a built in dimmer that simulates sunrise and set and one with just the 4 end caps. If you use a timer for all your electricity you just want the regular one as it will be tough to synchronize the sunset mechanism and your timer - you only get a few options like 10 12 14 hour. Also the regular one is a bit cheaper. Great fixture and external ballast is much better. I don't use a housing, just bare bulb but my friend has covered his with a slat from venetian blinds.

If you use a box I would have the caps on the outside and just drill 4 holes and slide the bulbs through and cap them on the outside -- keep them drier and cleaner.

The electronic ballast is what sold me. Lots of the cheapo lights use the less efficient magnetic types. Electronic ballasts seem to put out the full wattage better too.

Great idea on the mounting with the endcaps holding the bulbs up.

Anyone else?

Anyone use this product? Looking for a nice twin 24" tube fixture and came across this. Wondering how to mount the endcaps in a custom built box too.

Exo Terra Terrarium Lamp Controller 2 x 20 watts

Thanks in advance for the replies.

I am sorry I completely skipped over the word controller. Please disregard my post as it really has nothing to do with this topic. Sorry:(

Back
Top Bottom