Exo Terra Supplements

terrahm

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with Exo Terra supplements? I've heard mixed reviews, need to know if I should switch my multivitamin or not. o_O

I'm fairly certain the exo-terra multivitamins don't contain any preformed Vit A, only beta carotene (proformed). I switched using them a while ago after seeing eye issues crop up. Reptivite is a popular one that has preformed Vit A, but there are other options too

There plain calcium and calcium with D3 are pretty standard in comparison to other major brands. But their multivitamin does not have preformed A. Still some controversy on if Beta Carotene can be converted.

I use Reptivite for my multivitamin. They have a with D3 version and without. So if you get the with D3 you have to drop using the calcium with D3 if you get the without D3 version you would just replace the exoterra multi in your rotation. In either case it is still only given 2 times a month every other week. This would be for a Panther or a Veiled.

No problem. I think panthers need the preformed vitamin A more than veileds do...I just like to know so I can add it to my mental information on that.

I've always suspected that veileds can convert beta carotene to some extent...so I keep mental notes about it all.

I have a terrible weird memory....some things I can't forget and others just don't stay in this mind at all. :(

Since we are on this, I have been using Flukers Reptile Vitamin with Beta Carotene, which it lists 500,000mcg/per Pound, but also lists Vit A at 50,000IU/per pound and D3 at 10,000iu. The D3 I was using on the separete feeding is 4,400 IU per Kilo , which is much less correct? I now use a solarmeter and keep my UV in spec, so I had stopped the d3.
So at first I did not realize it had the D3, it also has 9%/pound Phosphorous.
So I have been a bit concerned with this mix and am considering switching. Any thoughts on a better multi to use twice a month? Also, as They are approaching 2years, and 6month old babies on the same, not one health problem. Everyone is thriving. So maybe just stay where I am at and don't over think.

Since we are on this, I have been using Flukers Reptile Vitamin with Beta Carotene, which it lists 500,000mcg/per Pound, but also lists Vit A at 50,000IU/per pound and D3 at 10,000iu. The D3 I was using on the separete feeding is 4,400 IU per Kilo , which is much less correct? I now use a solarmeter and keep my UV in spec, so I had stopped the d3.
So at first I did not realize it had the D3, it also has 9%/pound Phosphorous.
So I have been a bit concerned with this mix and am considering switching. Any thoughts on a better multi to use twice a month? Also, as They are approaching 2years, and 6month old babies on the same, not one health problem. Everyone is thriving. So maybe just stay where I am at and don't over think.
Even though your uvb is on point it will not be harmful to have 2 feedings a month with the flukers vitamin. That one has everything A, D3, and beta carotene. It does have the 2:1 phosphorus rating which is on par with reptivite and herptivite. Oral D3 is very different then D3 from light conversion. Still no risk of overdose using it. I do use the reptivite with D3 even though I check my UVI levels regularly and the boys are in a 3-4 UVI range. No issues at all.

So I say if it is not broken do not overthink it lol

Back
Top Bottom