Exo Terra Monsoon Repair

Dbash44

Avid Member
Hey CF.

Before I get into this I just want to say I know monsoons suck...really badly lol

Anyway, I pulled out the one I had stored from the time I got my Mistking. I don’t recall if it worked at that time, but now it isn’t.

All the functions on it work for the most part. The pump/diaphragm seems to want to work but isn’t pumping water. I took it apart to investigate. I’ve tried priming it and sucking water through it. I see nothing blocking the diaphragm, yet I’m not super savvy with this type of device.

Anyone know a simple fix for it? Maybe there’s a part that needs maintenance

I had the same issue. Something rubber has a crack in it and that's why there is no longer an airtight seal. I'm wondering if your;s leaks now? Mine would fill up the control panel if the water could come back down the tubing. I tossed the piece of junk, wasn't worth the headache or mess

I had the same issue. Something rubber has a crack in it and that's why there is no longer an airtight seal. I'm wondering if your;s leaks now? Mine would fill up the control panel if the water could come back down the tubing. I tossed the piece of junk, wasn't worth the headache or mess
I got my hands on a used one that came with the cage and was working fine until I replaced the hose on it and it started filling up the control panel as well. I'm gonna try something else on it. I know people say it trash but it was free and have nothing to lose if I can get it to work

Yeah I hear you. I blew through tons of them before I switched to my Mistking.

I was just setting up misters for my neonates and pulled the Monsoon out of storage only to find it didn’t work. I was hoping it was a part I could get from the hardware store and save money for one of Bill’s new enclosures. Looks like I’ll have to get another Mistking first. Oh well! Maybe we’ll get that $1200 reptile stimulus package from the government here soon ?

I got my hands on a used one that came with the cage and was working fine until I replaced the hose on it and it started filling up the control panel as well. I'm gonna try something else on it. I know people say it trash but it was free and have nothing to lose if I can get it to work

Yeah man it was free so don’t sweat it too much. It’ll probably break down again before you can say chameleon.

I bought a Mistking like 6 years ago and it still works great. I’ve used it for many many chams. It’s currently spraying down four panther enclosures. That’s just the beginner level kit.

Yeah I hear you. I blew through tons of them before I switched to my Mistking.

I was just setting up misters for my neonates and pulled the Monsoon out of storage only to find it didn’t work. I was hoping it was a part I could get from the hardware store and save money for one of Bill’s new enclosures. Looks like I’ll have to get another Mistking first. Oh well! Maybe we’ll get that $1200 reptile stimulus package from the government here soon ?

Yeah man it was free so don’t sweat it too much. It’ll probably break down again before you can say chameleon.

I bought a Mistking like 6 years ago and it still works great. I’ve used it for many many chams. It’s currently spraying down four panther enclosures. That’s just the beginner level kit.
Wow they are that good? I see they are pretty pricey but if yours is going on 6 years then wow lol if mine doesnt end up working ill have no other choice but to get a mistking ?

Wow they are that good? I see they are pretty pricey but if yours is going on 6 years then wow lol if mine doesnt end up working ill have no other choice but to get a mistking ?

I know I was surprised too! They’re like $130 now but worth every penny. Plus the seconds timer on it is way more exact and reliable than monsoon. You can set up to 10 scheduled misting all with different durations (down to the second) and different days of the week. Plus they’re customer service is great in my experiences. Also misting is a lot finer with Mistking. Just make sure you’re using ro water on either of them. I see Monsoons go to crap cause their intolerance to tap water.

Back
Top Bottom