Exo Terra Monsoon question

vangarret2000

I just upgrade my panther chameleon to his adult tank. It's mesh 2x2x4. For those of you that used the monsoon system how often do you have it set to go off and how long do you have it spray for to have a good amount of misting for one tank each day. I use both nozzles from the system in the one tank.
Thanks

I don't use a monsoon, but I would guess timing is about the same regardless of the model.

I don't know that volume matters as much as the time that they are given to start drinking, I know it takes them a few minutes to get started.

My lights come on at 0600 (I'm an early bird)

0730 AM- 13 minutes.

1100 - 3 minutes

2 PM - 7 minutes

5 PM - 3 minutes

Lights go off around 630 or 700, so the enclosure has some time with heat and light to dry out after last 'rain'

Since it is a monsoon you can only set it to go off a certain amount of times a day for a certain amount of time each time it goes off... I would hook it up to a timer with your lights so it doesn't go off during the night. For your size of cage i would set it to go off for 15-30 seconds and go off every 1-2 hours while the lights are on.

I don't use a monsoon, but I would guess timing is about the same regardless of the model.

I don't know that volume matters as much as the time that they are given to start drinking, I know it takes them a few minutes to get started.

My lights come on at 0600 (I'm an early bird)

0730 AM- 13 minutes.

1100 - 3 minutes

2 PM - 7 minutes

5 PM - 3 minutes

Lights go off around 630 or 700, so the enclosure has some time with heat and light to dry out after last 'rain'

Volume for this would be important. It only has a max 2 minutes to spray each cycle but if it was even possible to spray for 13 minutes there would be a pool in the bottom of the tank. The system can only be set to spray the same amount each cycle unless manually changed.

Volume for this would be important. It only has a max 2 minutes to spray each cycle but if it was even possible to spray for 13 minutes there would be a pool in the bottom of the tank. The system can only be set to spray the same amount each cycle unless manually changed.

Sorry was not thinking about that I have a shower drain and collection vessels so pooling is not an issue.

Since it is a monsoon you can only set it to go off a certain amount of times a day for a certain amount of time each time it goes off... I would hook it up to a timer with your lights so it doesn't go off during the night. For your size of cage i would set it to go off for 15-30 seconds and go off every 1-2 hours while the lights are on.

I have it on a timer already. I was having it go off for 30 seconds every 4 hours but I will bump up the time.

Back
Top Bottom