Exo terra DRIPPER PLANT mods

ZEROPILOT

Avid Member
First off, I'm aware of the real and serious dangers of bacteria being introduced into any type of water recirculated in this type of device.
What I've done here is because my misting system may or may not be sufficient to give my Chameleons all of the water that they require. And my "little drippers" somehow keep dripping where I don't want them to....If they drip at all.
I've been using these for a few months. (Three of them)
And I've made a few modifications:

1)Firstly, I wired the plants securely to vines and/or to the cages themselves. (Your Chameleon will try to grab the plant and the plant will move)

2) I placed the pumps in deli cups with a V-shaped notch cut in the lids. The lids have a raised edge that work like a funnel to channel the water back into the cup, no matter where it drips onto the top.

3) I cut a scouring pad roughly the size and shape of the inside raised lip of the deli cup.
This GREATLY reduces the amount of poop or other debris from getting into the cup/reservoir. And allows longer time between servicing. It also stops water loss from droplets splashing against the plastic lids.

4) I have 3 extra cleaned and sanitized assemblies ready at all times for servicing the plants. I top off the reservoirs as needed. Change the scouring pads "filters" every other day. (Unless they are visibly soiled.) And I clean and replace the whole assembly every few days.
(Immediately if they are visibly soiled.)

5) Set this up in a corner in an area without overhead branches. Not in an area that gets pooped on.
There should be a sturdy branch in front of the plant.

Cleanliness is the key.
And this is as clean as this type of system can be in my opinion.
It's still not perfect, but it is a work in progress.

Attachments

• 20200429_160904.jpg
    20200429_160904.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 20200429_160826.jpg
    20200429_160826.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 20200429_160818.jpg
    20200429_160818.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 147
Interesting I was given one of these and its sitting in a box somewhere, it seemed too "fussy" to me to mess with LOL I'm lazy, I use a monsoon (which also isn't popular here but I only run it with distilled water and my guy loves it. If anyone reading this wants a large dripper plant PM me!

Interesting I was given one of these and its sitting in a box somewhere, it seemed too "fussy" to me to mess with LOL I'm lazy, I use a monsoon (which also isn't popular here but I only run it with distilled water and my guy loves it. If anyone reading this wants a large dripper plant PM me!
It is fussy.
Keeping it very clean takes constant care

Back
Top Bottom