Everything is all set up how I want it!

ChamChick

Hey guys, just got all my enclosures how I want them. I would love any feedback on them!

This is our 100 gal:

ourenclosure012.jpg

2 38 gal. on top, and a 65 gal. on bottom.... the 38 gal. enclosure are for my little, tiny guys. The stuff hanging on the side is a piece of shower curtain:

ourenclosure011.jpg

And everything all together:

ourenclosure008.jpg

ourenclosure003.jpg

Everything is perfect. The lighting, plants, substrate, drainage, opaque feeding cups, looks like you have been taking all the advice to heart. I just wanted to be the first to offer that response to one of these posts.

Good idea with those kitchen racks! My only suggestion is you may want more top foliage in the enclosures. I know the plants will grow upwards, but you may want to get some fake vines to cover up the top a little more for the time being. Or maybe you can prop up the plants on some sort of a stand just so they are offering more hiding places. Other than that, you're going to have happy guys!!

Good idea with those kitchen racks! My only suggestion is you may want more top foliage in the enclosures. I know the plants will grow upwards, but you may want to get some fake vines to cover up the top a little more for the time being. Or maybe you can prop up the plants on some sort of a stand just so they are offering more hiding places. Other than that, you're going to have happy guys!!

Thank you for the feedback! I just said the SAME THING to my husband a little bit ago while we were outside smoking LOL " Ya know? I think we are going to need some more vines for the 2 bigger cages".

I get those vines from Dollar Tree. 4 feet for only $1... you can't beat that. I will probably send him out in a bit to grab some.

I agree they look good, but if you could get the plants higher it would be better. Maybe put something in there to hold them higher. I have a stool in my 2x2x4.

I am also going to get laying bins for both my females put in their enclosures in the next day or 2. One female is 7 1/2 months old, had her just under a week, and my other female is 5 months old, but you never know, and I want to be safe.

I agree they look good, but if you could get the plants higher it would be better. Maybe put something in there to hold them higher. I have a stool in my 2x2x4.

I wouldn't be able to raise the plant in the 65 gal or in the 38 gal, they are already very close to the top of the enclosures, but I will definitely raise the plant in the 100 gal either today or tomorrow, and I will add some more vines as well, just because. A stool is a good idea! Thanks for the tip!

Also, one concern I do have is my temp in my 65 gal. enclosure. It is at a steady 77 degrees during the day according to my temp gun, and digital thermometer. I am a bit concerned that this is too low. I have 60w daylight heat bulb right now, so what should I do to raise the temp a few degrees? I don't want to raise it too much, so I afraid to go with a higher wattage bulb. All the other enclosures have the same bulb, and sit right at about 80 degrees.

my only criticism is not on the cage but the placement of the one that is so low to the ground. We all know chams like to be high up. the higher the better. I think they feel more comfortable looking down at you than up. Other than that all is good.

I love the kitchen rack idea. That looks great and looks like it works well with you drainage pans. If you don't mind me asking where did you get it? I am just setting all my stuff up and still havent figured out what to use for a rack!?

looks rally nice to me, as Carol said the only thing i might change is the low cage.
but looking very nice im sure you have some happy chams

I love the kitchen rack idea. That looks great and looks like it works well with you drainage pans. If you don't mind me asking where did you get it? I am just setting all my stuff up and still havent figured out what to use for a rack!?

I actually got the rack idea from another member... can't remember which one now, but I owe them credit for that. I got mine at Lowe's Hardware, but I would imagine you could get them at any hardware store. That one cost me $60.

As far as the low cage goes, I agree completely. I had actually talked to my husband about that. We plan on getting another utility rack in the next month or so, and she will be going on top. I had to use the room I had wisely. I'm in a big place, but I have them upstairs bc of the higher temps, humidity, and there is no traffic in that room unless I'm going to bed. I will be moving her up to higher grounds very soon.

Any advice from anyone on my previous post about my temps?

I wouldn't be able to raise the plant in the 65 gal or in the 38 gal, they are already very close to the top of the enclosures, but I will definitely raise the plant in the 100 gal either today or tomorrow, and I will add some more vines as well, just because. A stool is a good idea! Thanks for the tip!

Also, one concern I do have is my temp in my 65 gal. enclosure. It is at a steady 77 degrees during the day according to my temp gun, and digital thermometer. I am a bit concerned that this is too low. I have 60w daylight heat bulb right now, so what should I do to raise the temp a few degrees? I don't want to raise it too much, so I afraid to go with a higher wattage bulb. All the other enclosures have the same bulb, and sit right at about 80 degrees.

If the temps aren't right the only thing you can do is get a higher wattage bulb. I have to use a 75 watt on my 2x2x4. I have an adult veiled in there. Plus as long as there is enough distance between the vine and the bulb you shouldn't have any burn incidents. My guy would only hang out by the 60 watt bulb all day until I changed it out.

Oh and I only noticed the cage on the left having the plants low. The others look good.

Back
Top Bottom