Every 3 months!?!?!?

dtown

For the last year my little Arleen has been on an egg laying schedule that even father time would be jealous of. Like clock work, Arleen has laid eggs exactly 3 months apart for about a year now!!?? I am curious as to if this is normal or is she extraordinary ;) I know this is kind of a funny thread, but I really am curious?!?

How old is Arleen? If you dont breed her currently I would try to cut back on her food intake and reduce her temps a few degrees at her basking site. That will reduce clutch size and could stop her from producing as often or at all. Four clutches a year for the entirety of her life is going to put a toll on her. I like to have my breeding females produce twice annually and then give them time to recover before the next years breeding begins.

How often do you feed and what is her basking spot like?

How many eggs does she lay at a time?

How old is Arleen? If you dont breed her currently I would try to cut back on her food intake and reduce her temps a few degrees at her basking site. That will reduce clutch size and could stop her from producing as often or at all. Four clutches a year for the entirety of her life is going to put a toll on her. I like to have my breeding females produce twice annually and then give them time to recover before the next years breeding begins.

I agree! Here's a great blog to explain how to do it. http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html

Back
Top Bottom