Evening Greenhouse Calumma Oshaughnessyi Pair Video

I’d love to see O’shaunessey become established in captivity as well! I’ll post pics of the greenhouse today. The greenhouse has a natural gas heater, so we can keep it at any temp, all day. It is a double layer of poly inflated, so I get a decent R value.

X2 about establishing Calumma oshaughnessyi in captivity. That is a species that would be great to have in hobby permanently. THey have got to be conserved in their native habitat first though. Woww that that double layer provides enough isolation for long term snow. However a second layer of air isolates keeping below zero temperatures does the job. I have seen highs an the lows. I have seen temperatures in Saudi Arabia where the outside temperatures were over 125 Fahrenheit and the greenhouses were kept at 75-80.

The greenhouse sits in my back yard in full sun, is 20x12x8h.

You never have problems with full sun? That is a great DIY greenhouse. I have seen a couple of those.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I have it set up, so I can vent the entire air mass of the green house in less than 5 minutes. My exhaust fan is on a thermostat. A will admit that I have to be on the ball in October and March - April.

I have it set up, so I can vent the entire air mass of the green house in less than 5 minutes. My exhaust fan is on a thermostat. A will admit that I have to be on the ball in October and March - April.

I have got to stay alert for about 5 months of the year to make certain the greenhouse is tip top. That is when temperatures are over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. They are worth the up keep though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Greenhouses with large over sized enclosures whether premade or DIY are worth it for captive chameleons. I would be careful about using wood enclosures in a high moisture environment.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom