Europe

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So in two years I’m moving to Europe and I live in Missouri USA so it’s about a 14 hours flight what will I do with my chameleon. I really want to keep him but his health is more important to me so would it be better to give him away and buy a new one in Europe or keep him. Is there a possible way to be able to keep him 😔

IMO, you'd be better off re-homing. The red tape could be prohibitive—not to mention the stress on the chameleon.

Whether to get another one in Europe depends largely on how long you'll be there. IDT you want to go through the whole ordeal again.

IMO, you'd be better off re-homing. The red tape could be prohibitive—not to mention the stress on the chameleon.

Whether to get another one in Europe depends largely on how long you'll be there. IDT you want to go through the whole ordeal again.
I could bring all my stuff after I rehome yoshi so all I would have to do is buy yoshi 2.0. Bu to make sure yoshi 1 has good life help the new owner get good stuff new owner would prob be a friend

I could bring all my stuff after I rehome yoshi so all I would have to do is buy yoshi 2.0. Bu to make sure yoshi 1 has good life help the new owner get good stuff new owner would prob be a friend
Are you forgetting that most (if not all) of Europe runs on 220v AC? You could get adapters, but shipping all that stuff could cost as much as replacing it.

I agree w/ kinyonga. This was not good timing.

Well...you have several choices....keep him for 2 years and then rehome him ...or return him now and put the equipment up for sale... or take the equipment with you if you don't want to sell it and buy another chameleon in Europe if you're going to be there long enough and knowing that the electricity is different there... or see if you can ship him and the equipment to Europe and buy adapters.
Did I miss anything?

If you take him to Europe with you, you will have to get the proper paperwork and it might come with a cost too...pack him so he'll survive the trip...take electrical adapters or buy them there.

If you keep him for 2 years you will have to rehome him and will still take a hit in the equipment....which is true now only to a slightly less loss on the equipment maybe.

Lots to think about!
Did you just find out about Europe today?

Well...you have several choices....keep him for 2 years and then rehome him ...or return him now and put the equipment up for sale... or take the equipment with you if you don't want to sell it and buy another chameleon in Europe if you're going to be there long enough and knowing that the electricity is different there... or see if you can ship him and the equipment to Europe and buy adapters.
Did I miss anything?
If you take him to Europe with you, you will have to get the proper paperwork and it might come with a cost too...
Nope. Sounds about right.

I would investigate this very thoroughly, keeping in mind that regulations can change, and Murphy's Law.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=taking+a+pet+reptile+from+US+to+europe

Nope. Sounds about right.

I would investigate this very thoroughly, keeping in mind that regulations can change, and Murphy's Law.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=taking+a+pet+reptile+from+US+to+europe
I’m doing tons of reasearvh 😂 but what I think I’m going to do is keep him two years and give him to a good friend that has reptile experience or sell him when the time comes sad but best thing not to stress him on a really long trip

If you take him to Europe with you, you will have to get the proper paperwork and it might come with a cost too...pack him so he'll survive the trip...take electrical adapters or buy them there.

If you keep him for 2 years you will have to rehome him and will still take a hit in the equipment....which is true now only to a slightly less loss on the equipment maybe.

Lots to think about!
Did you just find out about Europe today?
I found out about a month ago but I totally forgot until my mom brought it up today

I’m doing tons of reasearvh 😂 but what I think I’m going to do is keep him two years and give him to a good friend that has reptile experience or sell him when the time comes sad but best thing not to stress him on a really long trip
Good! That saves me pointing out in your OP:
So in two years I’m moving to Europe and I live in Missouri USA so it’s about a 14 hours flight what will I do with my chameleon. I really want to keep him but his health is more important to me so would it be better to give him away and buy a new one in Europe or keep him. Is there a possible way to be able to keep him 😔
Enjoy him for the 2 years, and learn as much as you can for another time. I waited almost a lifetime so I could do this the right way.
How bad do you think it would stress him out in a 12-14 hour plane ride and 1 hour car. Pretty bad right?
Isn't that moot now?

Good! That saves me pointing out in your OP:

Enjoy him for the 2 years, and learn as much as you can for another time. I waited almost a lifetime so I could do this the right way.

Isn't that moot now?
Ohhhh well ya I know for a fact I’m not putting him through that long of a flight but I was just wondering

Back
Top Bottom