Etosha behavior

If you feed her too much for more than a couple of days she may lay a huge clutch next time. 45 eggs was more than I'd like to see a veiled lay.

Since Etosha is her old self today I weighed her and she is only 77g. She was 112 at her highest with eggs. So being she is 8.5 months old is this too small or is she thinner than normal due to egg laying. She ate 10 crickets and 4 BSFL and a hornworm already tjis morning. Should I feed her again today? What am I aiming for or is she still not adult size.
Going by the weights of my girls, I’d say that is a good weight.

Going by the weights of my girls, I’d say that is a good weight.
I have started a feeding diet now of 8 med crickets gutloaded and lightly dusted every 3 days she is not happy but is that about right? She had 45 eggs which i never want to repeat

I have started a feeding diet now of 8 med crickets gutloaded and lightly dusted every 3 days she is not happy but is that about right? She had 45 eggs which i never want to repeat
I’m new to trying to limit eggs/laying myself. Along with decreasing feeding, you’ll also need to reduce basking temps. The theory is to reduce metabolism with lower basking temps, so they don’t get as hungry when reducing feeding. Perhaps this will help.
http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html

I don't lower the basking temperature much...just a couple of degrees to take the edge off the female''s hunger.
She is at 82 degrees Is that good? Also she scarfed her 7 crickets today. Definitely hungry. I wonder if every other day with 5 crickets would be better. She also will get a silkworm or hornworm as a treat

That temperature is perfect! 5 crickets every second day would be fine too. Btw...it takes a bit of time to get it figured out so she'll produce either a very small clutch or no eggs at all.

Back
Top Bottom