Ensure

BocaJan

I know I have seen it many times here, but now I need to know about this stuff cause I need to feed a little something to a cham. Is Ensure what I am to use? Is there a flavor? Most are vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. LOL

Clues please.

are you sure its not pedialyte your talkiing about. either way its not the kind humans use unless....ive never heard of people using ensure though.

What are you using it for? When I showed goats / sheep / pigs we gave them all ensure because at shows they get stressed out and dont drink and stay hydrated. We used vanilla, but then again we were giving it to mamals.

I know I have seen it many times here, but now I need to know about this stuff cause I need to feed a little something to a cham. Is Ensure what I am to use? Is there a flavor? Most are vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. LOL

Clues please.

Yep. I've used it in the past to get weight on a very thin Anolis equestris. Worked great and he's still around. I added 10% to a mix of rice/chicken baby food and it was very effective.

Now, chameleons are very difficult to force-feed without inducing excessive stress, and the practice often ends up being more detrimental. If you can get the chameleon to open its mouth (without forcing him to) in a display of aggression, and simply (and slowly) let the ensure drip right on the tip of its mouth, perhaps he'll drink it slowly.

I would limit the intake, though. It's a potent drink.

Fabián

You are suppose to combine both the ensure and the pedialyte. You can also add blended crickets to the mix. I have an extra blender just for "bug juice". Hope that helps. Oh forgot ensure 2 parts pedialyte 1 part.

Yep. I've used it in the past to get weight on a very thin Anolis equestris. Worked great and he's still around. I added 10% to a mix of rice/chicken baby food and it was very effective.

Now, chameleons are very difficult to force-feed without inducing excessive stress, and the practice often ends up being more detrimental. If you can get the chameleon to open its mouth (without forcing him to) in a display of aggression, and simply (and slowly) let the ensure drip right on the tip of its mouth, perhaps he'll drink it slowly.

I would limit the intake, though. It's a potent drink.

Fabián

Yeah, I can back that claim up. I had a kinyongia multituberculata full of parasites and I force fed him. From my limited experience the kinyongias can be super docile and difficult to induce gaping. The combination of stress and parasites proved to be too much for the little guy.

Only force feed as an absolute last chance effort.

I wouldn't give that stuff to a human being. It's loaded with sugars.Some of the best known "health products" are in my opinion the worst.

Back
Top Bottom