Enclosure

Is it good to buy the zoo med enclosure kit and then slowly work my way up to live plants, and slowly add more or should i just do my own build completely.

I had the same zoo med enclosure, and they persuaded me that putting a vieled chameleon in their with fake plants wasn't the right thing to do. Please check out my thread to see their advice. Its under

DYI Cage - What Plants to put in it​

Hello! The Zoo med chamelon kit does not supply close to anything correct for your Chamelons needs. Read through Chameleonacademy.com, you can learn alot there. For other questions or things to research, the forum's are here!

Is it good to buy the zoo med enclosure kit and then slowly work my way up to live plants, and slowly add more or should i just do my own build completely.
I personally did my own build and its so big and much cheaper than the ready stuff,i reccomend building your own or someone building it for you.it will save a lot of money

If it were a simple choice between just those two options, I would say do your own build completely, especially if you're referring to their "chameleon kit" and not their XL All-Screen Cage.

There are many options & possibilities, but first, I think you need to ask yourself a few questions...
  • What species & sex of chameleon? (Age should not be a factor)
  • Strictly indoor, strictly outdoor, or will you be moving it seasonally between?
  • What is the ambient climate of where the enclosure will be?
    (e.g. If in your house, what are the ambient temperatures and humidities?)
  • All-screen or Hybrid enclosure?
  • Standard (no substrate) or bioactive? (Both have live plants)
  • Are you aware of the costs involved in setting up & keeping a chameleon?
    (Up to $1000 plus ongoing costs)
Building your own can save money, but very often does not. Better reasons are the experience and getting excactly what you want.

Back
Top Bottom