ENCLOSURE UPGRADES

Hi i’ve added some things to Houdini’s cage. there’s live plants & more climbing branches. & he still has his little bridge that he ignores lol but please leave any comments, tips, or advice on the new set up. thank you!
image.jpg

Hi looking good. What lights do you have?
i have the blue zoo med heat lamp from the starter kit & a 26 watt thrive UVB bulb. it’s so big it doesn’t even fit in the dome. i see now why people say get the strip UVB because the dome light barely covers a corner of the cage. that’ll be my next investment lol

Hi I'm not familiar with the uvb stripe light you will want a t5ho ( imo an arcadia 6% long linear fluorescent tube. You will want this 8/9 inches above your basking area to get the recommended uvi of 3 ( ferguson zone,) have you ever filled out a husbandry form? This can be very helpful

yeah
Hi I'm not familiar with the uvb stripe light you will want a t5ho ( imo an arcadia 6% long linear fluorescent tube. You will want this 8/9 inches above your basking area to get the recommended uvi of 3 ( ferguson zone,) have you ever filled out a husbandry form? This can be very helpful
yeah that’s what i meant! & the form is on one of my earlier posts

Hey there are lots of investments with chameleons but totally worth it 👌
question so in the meantime i have an extra light fixture could i use that for the previous UVB (zoo med starter kit bulb) to add uvb coverage to his cage or would that be too much. i was thinking of placing it near the left side of his cage since the right is already getting light from the new bulb (26 watt thrive uvb)

Hi I must have read the post slightly wrong . Sorry. No its not about the area that your current bulb covers ( those bulbs do not provide the right amount of uvb for a cham) a t5ho 6% does. Providing the correct level of uvb is 1 of the most important things . Unfortunately those starter kits are inadequate for chams

Hi i’ve added some things to Houdini’s cage. there’s live plants & more climbing branches. & he still has his little bridge that he ignores lol but please leave any comments, tips, or advice on the new set up. thank you!
Just a question... What's the orange colored (plant)?

Back
Top Bottom