Enclosure Upgrade Dimensions

paiiige

Hello everybody!
My male veiled chameleon is due for a cage upgrade. I want to make him a bioactive cage using a bookshelf I already have on hand. The bookshelf's dimensions are 31 1/2 x 11 x 79 1/2”. I know the height of the bookshelf is fine, but do you experts out there think it is wide enough and has enough depth?

The recommended minimum depth and width is 2 feet your height is plenty but you may need a deeper one unfortunately. If I can recommend somethin go to your local goodwill even look in the back where the have all the stuff they are gonna throw away. May find an old nice deep china cabinet that had the windows broken or something but it’s perfect for a Cham cage. I’ve Done that to make a gun rack and have plans to do it for a Cham cage eventually. Also with something like that you have a nice spot down below to hide any mist reservoir or supplies. Gives it nice clean look. I’ll post an example

Attachments

• A036B05E-002E-4B09-8D73-616B8776DABF.jpeg
    A036B05E-002E-4B09-8D73-616B8776DABF.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 2BD7ABDB-488B-47B9-83AB-AEAE5325FFA2.jpeg
    2BD7ABDB-488B-47B9-83AB-AEAE5325FFA2.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 126
The recommended minimum depth and width is 2 feet your height is plenty but you may need a deeper one unfortunately. If I can recommend somethin go to your local goodwill even look in the back where the have all the stuff they are gonna throw away. May find an old nice deep china cabinet that had the windows broken or something but it’s perfect for a Cham cage. I’ve Done that to make a gun rack and have plans to do it for a Cham cage eventually.
I had a feeling that would be the case...thank you for the feedback I am going to head to a thrift store ASAP! Thanks again!

I make all my vivs, but I'm a carpenter, if you would like, I could give you my formula, or check craigslist, there are literally at least 5 items I see everyday that I could use....entertainment centers, book shelves, display cabinets...etc... of course they would need to be modified

Back
Top Bottom