Enclosure uk

Would a mesh cage be best still in uk?
The enclosure you get is really dependent on your natural humidity levels. If you have naturally low humidity then a combo enclosure of screen and glass/Clearside would probably be best because it helps hold in humidity. We are going to need a bit more info from you if you want to get any help.

I’m in the u.k too, I don’t know if a cage that would be big enough, not that is waterproof etc, some of the mesh ones are quite large but then you have the problem of spraying and everything getting misted too.

I’m afraid I resorted to a very simple wood frame, clad sides with pvc, £10-15 from eBay, a mesh top- mesh from Homebase £6, vivarium runners from eBay, £10 and siding glass door, doors ere the most expensive part but I salvaged mine from an old swell reptiles vivarium , the whole thing sat in a plastic garden plant tray £10 from eBay again, with a simple drain from the mistking into a bucket, sounds like a lot of work but it’s not too difficult then you have a really good sized enclosure for an active species like a veiled,
Hopefully someone else will have some ideas.

The enclosure you get is really dependent on your natural humidity levels. If you have naturally low humidity then a combo enclosure of screen and glass/Clearside would probably be best because it helps hold in humidity. We are going to need a bit more info from you if you want to get any help.

The UK is very cold, they can't hold heat nor do they most heat their houses as well as US people do. That plays a major role.

Screen cages are not used by UK keepers, they use straight glass and Forex Builds, from what I have seen and that's what the UK breeders I know suggest.

Sorry would definitely help if I gave you a bit of info haha! Humidity levels not naturally very high. Cham currently in a wooden/ glass enclosure and I can maintain them well in winter but gets warm in summer so I am thinking a combination of wood/glass and screen would probably work well, just wondered what kind of set up everyone else finds works well for them

Sorry would definitely help if I gave you a bit of info haha! Humidity levels not naturally very high. Cham currently in a wooden/ glass enclosure and I can maintain them well in winter but gets warm in summer so I am thinking a combination of wood/glass and screen would probably work well, just wondered what kind of set up everyone else finds works well for them

It's really temp climate dependent, US keepers use screen but your winters are not conducive to that. If you went with like the other guy said, wood and Plexi or the Forex Knockdowns, they will allow somewhat better cooling in summer. White panels will help with that.

You could also use fans to assist in keeping temps down in the summer. And a dimming stat to turn your basking down as needed.

So I have a vinyl insulation on 3 sides of my screen enclosure to help with humidity. I'm in CO so we get really cold winters and really hot summers. It's nice because the vinyl is cheap so during the summer I can take off what I need to to prevent my enclosure getting too hot, but in the winter I can reapply it to help with insulation. Just an idea!

Back
Top Bottom