Enclosure type: last time I promise

KyleFitzz

So as people have probably read I'm getting my first panther (ambilobe) in 2 weeks and I'm trying to be very careful of the terrarium I choose. I want his environment to be 100% perfect for him. The one thing that I have questions on is my room. It's cold in their and my ambient temps would only be around 65 if I were to put him in a screen cage. I know people say coroplast may help keep temps and humidity up but would it be a significant change. I have a Jackson's who works perfect in a screen cage with my ambient temps. But with the panther they need the warmth. So what I'm getting at is can I do a glass cage for now until I move in about 2 months and then get him a screen enclosure? Or should I just try out the screen with coroplast and hope temps are good? Please let me know thoughts and opinions! I want him to be happy as can be. I know my Jackson's is :)

If you get the sides covered with the coroplast, a glass tank won't be much warmer. Either way, your just going to have to add more heating like a ceramic emitter.

Um...... Are we not going to use a heat sorce? Perhaps I'm outta place, but i don't see the problem. Seal 2 or 3 sides of the screen cage if needed, heat will seal in and air will flow properly. Forgive me, perhaps i missed something. As someone who delt with hundreds of reptiles back in the day I have learned alot of tricks. Is the ambiant temp the proplem? If so, what is the ambient temp compaired to the basking temp?

BTW, I've had guys use aquarium heaters in a glass bowl of water to add humidity and warmth to a screened encloser thats in a cold enviroment. They were larger cages of corse...

I have started heating my water in my misting bucket lately seems to help!

I have an aquazamp being shipped right now and I thought about doing this, since i have a heater laying around, but i was hesitant because I thought it might encourage bacterial growth.

The ambient temp would be the issue. I can get basking temps to 85 no prob maybe even higher if need be but my ambient temp would be around 65 or so. I have a heater in my reservoir for my mistking raindome combo.

Um...... Are we not going to use a heat sorce? Perhaps I'm outta place, but i don't see the problem. Seal 2 or 3 sides of the screen cage if needed, heat will seal in and air will flow properly. Forgive me, perhaps i missed something. As someone who delt with hundreds of reptiles back in the day I have learned alot of tricks. Is the ambiant temp the proplem? If so, what is the ambient temp compaired to the basking temp?

Of course there would be a heat source, the point I'm making is even with my Jackson's I have 2 basking sites in a 2x2x4 terrarium with 150w bulbs in each and his basking is 83 and ambient is 65

Back
Top Bottom