Enclosure too dark.

Jo00

Established Member
I just set up a new enclosure for Willy my 10 month old male Ambilobe Panther. It seems very dark. All lighting is raised 3’“ above the screen. He has his UVB, basking fixture and a Sansi LED grow light. Is it ok to add another Sansi or would that be too bright for him? If that’s not recommended, do you have any suggestions? It is much darker than it appears in the picture.
1664472362401.jpeg

It's black cage not plant. I have 1 black and rest white cages. Same amount of light with all. White cages take less light for plants then black cages. White reflects the light black absorbs light.

It took alot of time and effort to do this☹️ Damn…why didn’t I think of that! I don’t have it in me to take it apart and redo. That really sucks. Thanks for taking the time to point it out. I do have 2 other XL reptibreeze enclosures. The reason I set up a new one for Willy was to give me time to convert the 2 others into one wide one but that will take me time. My veiled is in a dragonstrand hybrid but I’m in Canada and the shipping cost was extreme so I won’t be doing that again. Maybe I’ll do a search to see how ro replace the reptibreeze screens with some kind of solid white material. 🤷‍♀️. Thanks again. You’ve saved me from making the same mistake with the double one!!

I don't think that your cage looks too dark, at least for the chameleon it is perfectly fine. If this is a question for your own viewing then that's different, maybe set up an LED panel that you can turn on just when viewing otherwise I'd leave it.

Thank you for your feedback. The picture makes it look much brighter than it really is. I did add another LED panel and that makes a huge difference but I’m just not sure if that’s too bright for him.

I just set up a new enclosure for Willy my 10 month old male Ambilobe Panther. It seems very dark. All lighting is raised 3’“ above the screen. He has his UVB, basking fixture and a Sansi LED grow light. Is it ok to add another Sansi or would that be too bright for him? If that’s not recommended, do you have any suggestions? It is much darker than it appears in the picture.
View attachment 329434
Maybe a sheet of white coroplast on the back, it reflects a lot of light and should not mess up your air flow.

Maybe a sheet of white coroplast on the back, it reflects a lot of light and should not mess up your air flow.
Will still have the black screen. Don't think it will brighten it up. I have white on outside of my one repti breeze with led and 3 t5ho and still looks dark. Had two leds on it at one point and was still dark. It's the black screen.

Thank you for your feedback. The picture makes it look much brighter than it really is. I did add another LED panel and that makes a huge difference but I’m just not sure if that’s too bright for him.
When building my recent enclosure I got on the horn with Bill strand and asked him how much light is too much . he told me he doesn’t think there’s such a thing . my large enclosure has six 6500k T 5 hydroponic grow light System for them with four grow bulbs One is a Daylight and one 12% Arcadia . IMHO I think there’s plenty of light . and my plants are thriving ..

Attachments

• ED963208-4145-4E48-AD98-7969A1AF3341.jpeg
    ED963208-4145-4E48-AD98-7969A1AF3341.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 42
Will still have the black screen. Don't think it will brighten it up. I have white on outside of my one repti breeze with led and 3 t5ho and still looks dark. Had two leds on it at one point and was still dark. It's the black screen.
Ok put on inside then. It reflects a ton.

Then I won’t bother. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom