Enclosure tips wanted

Oh sorry :( I see my post was removed.

Well, I honestly did not mean that your argument was stupid, just that arguing about it in general was stupid? Apparently that wasn't clear since my post is now gone.

I don't understand why it was "okay" to use them. Red is not a natural color for sunlight, and they would have a harder time recognizing it as the sun tbh

Are chameleons not able to sense heat like other reptiles do? I have lizards (geckos and skinks) that use heat mats which gives off no light let alone not act like sunlight. They are still able to bask over that heat. I have other lizards(uromastyx) also a tortoise that even bask under infrared bulbs as well with no issue. What is it with chameleons that they can't tell where the heat is if it isn't giving of light similar to the sun?

I added some more branches and leaves to the tank yesterday.

I also switched out the infrared bulb for a sun glow. When I did that he basically stopped eatting. I was told changing something in the tank they might stop eatting for 5-10 days but it's been almost 2 weeks and all he has had durin that time is 3-4 crickets. Everything else in the tank remained constant only change was the bulb. Anyone know what could be up?

Uvb bulbs. The coil ones. 5.0. you can see it in the first set of pics. Still there just don't see it in the update.

Gotcha. I think 99.999% of the people will tell you the linear, long tubes are by far the way to go. Reptisun over Reptiglo. Arcadia over both if you can. You could probably go 10.0 as well. ;)

Gotcha. I think 99.999% of the people will tell you the linear, long tubes are by far the way to go. Reptisun over Reptiglo. Arcadia over both if you can. You could probably go 10.0 as well. ;)

I used to go with tubes but where I live doesn't sell them much anymore so I switched more to coil bulbs. For the 10.0 I thought having too much UVB could be bad for them? I could be remembering it wrong and it might be one of y other reptiles.

Back
Top Bottom