Enclosure size

lisa h

I have a 24 x 18 x 24h exoterra screened enclosure. Is this size good to house any of the more common adult size chameleons?

lisa

That will be large enough for most Chams to up to about a year. The larger species do better in a 24 x 24 inch cage that is 36 to 48 inches high or larger. You could definitely keep adult medium sized chams in that size cage, but I would suggest you use that cage for whatever size Cham you get, when it outgrows the cage, keep adding cages until there is no more room in your house, that's what I do!:D

Nick

HA HA HA HA HA!
Maybe your husband can live with my partner, and then you and I can both fill our houses with cages.

I agree that 24 x 18 x 24h is not large enough for an adult veiled or panther
24"d x 24"w x 48"h is better for an adult veiled or panther.

HA HA HA HA HA!
Maybe your husband can live with my partner, and then you and I can both fill our houses with cages.

I agree that 24 x 18 x 24h is not large enough for an adult veiled or panther
24"d x 24"w x 48"h is better for an adult veiled or panther.

Or even 1.5'x1.5'x3' is good. (For females) But the bigger the better

Once my bunnies "meet their maker" I will have a huge space for a cage, possibly two or three, depending on what width I need to have. The enclosure I mentioned was for a sick sub adult veiled that I was supposed to get. Sadly, he died the morning I was supposed to pick him up. I didn't think he'd live long enough to move to a bigger cage, but I would have gotten him a larger one when the time came.

Back
Top Bottom