Enclosure size

haylezcham

Hi Everyone

I get my Cham on Sunday he is 6 weeks old and a Veiled. I have been given an Exo Terra 30x30x45cm Would that suffice for a while until he is a little older ?

Sorry if its a stupid Q im new to this and want to get it right

H

I female should have at least a 16" W 16" L 32" H cage.A male 2' 2' 4', although I have a 2' 2' 4' for my female because the bigger the better.When they are real small you might want the n in a smaller cage so they don't loose food.

I will be upgrading to a bigger cage in a couple of weeks for him how do you rate the Reptibreeze?

I am a fan of the Reptibreeze - I have an XL for my 14 month old male Veiled. I didn't move him into it until a couple of months though, as they are very large cages.

thanks :) just been told im getting him tomorrow so the small one will do for now i will have a look around

Well the screen cage options are pretty limited in the UK. Reptibreeze is the easiest to get here, however, the US has loads of options which work out a lot cheaper (if you can get cheap shipping). I ordered mine from Diycages.com (Us Company), but via an eBay seller. The cage seems a lot sturdier than the reptibreeze.

I spent $100 on the cage, plus another $40 for cheap shipping (takes 3 weeks to arrive). Still works out cheaper than UK equivalents.

Have a shop around before you make up your mind!

Attached a picture of what ive ordered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-23-16-40-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-23-16-40-01.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 88
6 weeks old is pretty young - my metric conversion is terrible - I know it's 2.54 but for me it's hard to picture but I think you'll be fine for a month if not more-
It's also hard to guess on how big yours will be when you get him- I saw some at petsco yesterday they claimed were that age and they were tiny compared to pictures of some of the bruisers that I've seen in the classified or picture threads here. With a smaller cage it will be easier for a little guy to find food-
When your shopping for accessories think about how they will work when you go bigger and take your time shopping for a big boy cage -

Back
Top Bottom