Enclosure size discrepancy.

I think 30 x 30 x 4 is a great size if set up right. As has been mentioned if you put in a foam background you lose some, but still good with that size.

I have never looked at the standard cage formula. There are too many variables.
I hadn't gotten to the point of figuring out the configuration of sides yet. I've been reading threads on solid vs. screen, sizes & types of screen, etc. but I confess I'm a bit more stymied than before reading them. I do like the idea of a solid back with plants growing out of it, but I have a personal bias against urethane foam. More likely if I went that way, I'd use moss or slate backsplash tiles or a combination. I think I could keep most of it under 2-3" thick.

Standard cage formula? Is that the Reptile Housing: Size, Dimension and Lifestyle I linked to previously? The only variable I was aware of is the snout to tail length; the rest is ranges of L,D, & H.
Or is there some other standard?

I hadn't gotten to the point of figuring out the configuration of sides yet. I've been reading threads on solid vs. screen, sizes & types of screen, etc. but I confess I'm a bit more stymied than before reading them. I do like the idea of a solid back with plants growing out of it, but I have a personal bias against urethane foam. More likely if I went that way, I'd use moss or slate backsplash tiles or a combination. I think I could keep most of it under 2-3" thick.

Standard cage formula? Is that the Reptile Housing: Size, Dimension and Lifestyle I linked to previously? The only variable I was aware of is the snout to tail length; the rest is ranges of L,D, & H.
Or is there some other standard?

I prefer the Cork Tiles, to the Foam stuff.
To me its more natural, (as it looks like a big tree)

It gets quite expensive though. I did my 4x2x4s back and side walls, to the tune of 300 dollars just in cork.

So this is what I am working on. My idea is to have removable panels. Like a screen, or simple plexi glass held in place with magnets. I wish I had it sketched up.
The point is it can be secured, meaning he can't get out. Or if home I could easily remove the sides.

Here is my males "enclosure"/space. Imagine a light weight frame around it, where two side panels are removable. No need for a door and great access without the animal feeling cornered.
The tray this sits in is a washing machine tray. 30in x 33in. And tray to ceiling is 63in Comes with drain. for size reference.

Excuse the mess I have some projects going.
IMG_8934.JPG

The tray this sits in is a washing machine tray. 30in x 33in.
Thanks for that! I've been looking for some kind of tray for the bottom, and so far all I've found are those for ready-made enclosures or plant trays. Both of those are in the $150 range for a 24" x 24" hunk of plastic. This is even a better size! ?

Back
Top Bottom