Enclosure Possibility

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have removed the wooden pieces that held the glass shelves and measured and marked where I plan to cut. I haven’t cut into the main cabinet yet, but as far as I can tell, it is mostly solid wood except the back panel behind the bottom cabinet and possibly the doors. Fingers crossed. I still plan to waterproof the entire inside and bottom after I cut the top, sides, and drainage hole. I am going to put aluminum screen on the top and both sides. I really like the glass in the front, but I’m wondering if it would be best to screen it as well. I’m toying with the idea of leaving it and seeing how it works for a couple of days before putting the Cham in, and then screening if necessary. I am only getting a little bit of work done each day after work, but I will post pics when I get a little further along.
Give the glass a try if you want to, you can always take it out later...
 

Blmelton

Established Member
This is proving to be a lot more work than I thought! My husband cut out the top and sides. I could have done it, but he made it look tuns better than I could have. I immediately noticed that none of it is real wood like I thought. NONE. OF. IT! It’s all pressed. He said he could have told me that but I didn’t ask... big sigh! I have now spent a small fortune on kiltz and flex seal hoping that will be enough and I’m not doing all of this work for nothing...just for it to be ruined in a month! We got the sink drain installed and a hole cut for the lay bin to slide into. The last coat of flex seal is drying. Tomorrow I will install the screen and hopefully mount the flower pots. I will post pics soon!
 

Blmelton

Established Member
Almost finished. I have some more vines and final touches to do tomorrow, but it’s time for a cold one...and a break!
 

Attachments

Top Bottom