ENCLOSURE PLANT SUPPORT

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi all!

Been looking at getting one of these plants lately and I can either get them with or without the vine support. I’d like to get them with the vine support but I’ve seen people mention the risk of my chams nails getting stuck, what are peoples thoughts on this? Should I avoid the vine support?
IMG_5628.png

Don't know if these are any good
Awesome I believe the poles that come with these plants are called moss poles. Is it based on the material or? Obviously don’t want to risk Bruce losing nails but it would be beneficial for the plant and him if he could climb it safely

You could just put a stick in the soil and wire them up it no?

Wut they are talking about is coconut fibers wrapped around a pvc pipe. They are meant for climbing plants. The roots dig into the fibers, and the fibers keep the roots moist and aerated.

On the bright side they are chameleon toe friendly :)

Now if these are just twine rope rapped around a pole, those are the ones the toes get stuck in.

Wut they are talking about is coconut fibers wrapped around a pvc pipe. They are meant for climbing plants. The roots dig into the fibers, and the fibers keep the roots moist and aerated.

Now if these are just twine rope rapped around a pole, those are the ones the toes get stuck in.
Ahh okay.. thanks for that! My mistake then 😀

Ahhh interesting to know. So the ones on the image are safe for chameleons?

Ahhh interesting to know. So the ones on the image are safe for chameleons?

I can never tell if its twin or coconut fiber/coir with that crappy of a picture. They look very similar depending on the wrapping style.

I mean can you tell if that stuff is 1/2" thick rope, or coco fibers held together with 1/2" spaced string?

maxresdefault.jpg

71sFLcVGZpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

For what it's worth the plant itself , monstera, will grow huge and likely become far to robust and large for any common size chameleon enclosure.

Something to keep in mind as they grow tall the leaves get very large (bigger than your head)

For what it's worth the plant itself , monstera, will grow huge and likely become far to robust and large for any common size chameleon enclosure.

Something to keep in mind as they grow tall the leaves get very large (bigger than your head)
True about the Monstera, that one isn’t suitable for an enclosure. There’s a smaller alternative called Monstera Acuminata and stays way smaller. Another good alternative, which I use, is the philodendron florida line.

True about the Monstera, that one isn’t suitable for an enclosure. There’s a smaller alternative called Monstera Acuminata and stays way smaller. Another good alternative, which I use, is the philodendron florida line.
tetrasperma rhaphidophora are a great compact version commonly known as mini monstera these work great In my enclosure

Back
Top Bottom