Enclosure mesh

I want to take my time as I would believe that even with providing adequate foliage cover that the ambient temps are too high it's just over 30 Celsius at present and there is one part of the makeshift green house still open ( making it cooler) so thinking that August would be providing enough uvb but not to hot . I most add that the gh is done uv protected polythene plastic so not even sure how beneficial it will be other than space 😉

Hi @ERKleRose was just out in the greenhouse and one of the trees in is caked with greenfly ( too mention any way wouldn't be taking any chances) but would or could this cause a problem directly or even indirectly? @james0o0 what you think tia

Yeah I introduced ladybirds a few years ago with a green fly problem with my chilli's ( not really worried about the plants thats sounds bad, but just my girl lol never cried over a plant well actually nearly 😅 a couple of years I noticed my fiancee out tidying up the garden with the strimmer and no flowers that took me 2 years to grow lmao 🤣 . Anyway I just blasted the plants with hose can't see many green fly today ( but would ladybird be safe for cham to eat ?

Yeah I introduced ladybirds a few years ago with a green fly problem with my chilli's ( not really worried about the plants thats sounds bad, but just my girl lol never cried over a plant well actually nearly 😅 a couple of years I noticed my fiancee out tidying up the garden with the strimmer and no flowers that took me 2 years to grow lmao 🤣 . Anyway I just blasted the plants with hose can't see many green fly today ( but would ladybird be safe for cham to eat ?
NO! Many ladybug (as we call them on this side of the pond) species are toxic to chameleons and at least some other reptiles (bearded dragons, for one).

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=ladybug+toxicity+to+chameleons

Also try the archives.

Unfortunately there is also a lot of misinformation about this, so vet the sources.

Fireflies/lighting bugs are also to be avoided.

Back
Top Bottom