Enclosure mesh

Flick boy

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi what type of mesh do people use for enclosures. I'm building 1 outside in my greenhouse 6x5x3 as my girl will be out there for short periods don't want to spend a fortune tia

Yeah thanks would be more worried about bugs getting in as I don't know where they have been. Wouldn't want to be leaving her unsupervised either i will be providing her with shade its just getting the right time of day so the ambient temp is OK

I've also heard of outdoor enclosures being double-walled. An inner wall of larger mesh so the chameleon doesn't catch its claws/mails, and an outer wall of finer (window screen) mesh to keep bugs out.

If—for example, you used 2 x 2s (sorry, I don't know the metric equiv. offhand) for framing, the courser mesh could be fastened to the inside, and the finer mesh to the outside.

I've also heard of outdoor enclosures being double-walled. An inner wall of larger mesh so the chameleon doesn't catch its claws/mails, and an outer wall of finer (window screen) mesh to keep bugs out.

If—for example, you used 2 x 2s (sorry, I don't know the metric equiv. offhand) for framing, the courser mesh could be fastened to the inside, and the finer mesh to the outside.
That's what I'll be doing when I build my DIY cage

Yeah been looking the aluminium is more expensive. The make shift green house i have has poly tunnel plastic which is uv protected ( or something) would have to check. If it would be beneficial ( the reason I would like to get her a part time outside enclosure due to good weather is for beneficial natural uv

Is this like something similar to hard cloth mesh that would be suitable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210612-200902_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210612-200902_Chrome.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 66
After a quick Google search, HDPE wire is not metal. I have no idea if it's sturdy or not, so more research will be needed

Yeah thats what I got like this ? @ ERKleRose

Attachments

70.1 KB · Views: 58
    70.1 KB · Views: 55
As I live in the UK the enclosure would only be for a couple of hours here and there not full time and I pretty much cut feed I only occasionally free range locusts

Back
Top Bottom