Enclosure is finished Hooray!

Amberlynscott

we finally finished building Jimmys cage. We built the entire cage and background from scratch. Let us know what you think. Oh and he LOVES it! The move in went smoother than I thought.

Attachments

• DSC04069.jpg
    DSC04069.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC04087.jpg
    DSC04087.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC04092.jpg
    DSC04092.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC04095.jpg
    DSC04095.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC04104.jpg
    DSC04104.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 255
That is not the typical chameleon cage that is for sure!. I have to ask you what do you have in the bottom of the cage? Also, can EVERYTHING, in the cage withstand getting wet without getting damaged?

Neat concept!

While I think the concept is great and very original my only concern would be as Carol referanced... I would worry that some of the things used for decorations will hold bacteria... ???

I am sure he loves it though in way of lots of things to climb around on! Good luck with the new cage and I would just be careful with it and be observant...
;)

That is not the typical chameleon cage that is for sure!. I have to ask you what do you have in the bottom of the cage? Also, can EVERYTHING, in the cage withstand getting wet without getting damaged?

my husband is a creative builder we were very mindful when building the cage that everything could withstand water. there is also a drain on the bottom that drains into a removable wash bin. the floor is made of ceramic tiles and the background is grouted and sealed. everything in the cage is easily removable for cleaning.

my husband is a creative builder we were very mindful when building the cage that everything could withstand water. there is also a drain on the bottom that drains into a removable wash bin. the floor is made of ceramic tiles and the background is grouted and sealed. everything in the cage is easily removable for cleaning.

oh cool! So you got all your bases covered! Nice job, especially doing it from scratch!

oh cool! So you got all your bases covered! Nice job, especially doing it from scratch!

thank you! but maybe you could help me with lighting it seems a little dark in there I am using a 5.0 linear reptisun and a 60watt basking light any recomadations is that enough for that size cage and if it is do u know how i could brighten the lighting up a little?

You could add a 6500k bulb for plants. They are sold as linears or coils (which you can get from the hardware store)

dont get the coils. but yes the 6500k linear bulbs will do the trick. i use it for my plants and it brightens everything up well.

Actually, go for a 5000k instead. The 6500k is a bluer white to us, and the chams see it as a grayish color light, which doesn't harm them but isn't very pleasing to them. 5000k lights have a more natural color for chams and for us. It's just as bright, too.

Actually, go for a 5000k instead. The 6500k is a bluer white to us, and the chams see it as a grayish color light, which doesn't harm them but isn't very pleasing to them. 5000k lights have a more natural color for chams and for us. It's just as bright, too.

Thank you all very much so that light will not only brighten the cage up but will also help the plants grow?

Back
Top Bottom