Enclosure in the kitchen?

The title says it all, is there a reason not to have an enclosure in the kitchen?
I live in a small apartment and don’t have much choices. She is currently at a corner in the living room, but we have visitors for a month I think she’ll be better at an empty corner of the kitchen,
The enclosure would be in a corner, with a window next to it on one side (but not directly on it) and our fridge on the other side.
I’d put a curtain or cover it somehow when her lights go off.
I can post a picture when I get home
Opinions?

It depends, pictures will definitely help. I know with birds, scents aren’t good for them, not sure with chameleons. Is your kitchen loud?

It depends, pictures will definitely help. I know with birds, scents aren’t good for them, not sure with chameleons. Is your kitchen loud?
Yes that’s what I heard.
Not loud, we only cook dinners over there and once we are done we leave to the living room, I think is definitely a better place.

Thats how big the enclosure is, it’d take all that space.

Attachments

• A23A455C-28EF-4C4D-AC76-26E75FADB6F1.jpeg
    A23A455C-28EF-4C4D-AC76-26E75FADB6F1.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 99
Chameleons have little sense of taste or smell. That said burning things near them would be bad as their lungs are more sensitive than ours.

I have personally kept my chameleons in the kitchen adjacent area. The last home I lived in had an open layout after remodeling and the area that I had available was technically the dining room; however, it was also a portion of the kitchen. Where you are planning to place the enclosure seems adequate. I do agree with JacksJill, that given the right circumstances it can become a bit of a not so great area if something were to burn and create smoke.

For reference this is how my set ups used to be situated. I dug around for the listing of my condo for these photos. Also please excuse the over saturation of the photograph and dead ficus tree I managed to kill with my talent.

One thing to keep in mind with keeping a chameleon in a kitchen type setting is that these areas are prone to temperature fluctuations due to ovens and stove tops. It does look like you’re aiming for placing it next to your refrigerator, so you may want to monitor your temperatures in that location a bit closer.

Attachments

• D9C72FE4-D6DA-4FDA-BE7B-09C6F671FAF2.jpeg
    D9C72FE4-D6DA-4FDA-BE7B-09C6F671FAF2.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 109
I have personally kept my chameleons in the kitchen adjacent area. The last home I lived in had an open layout after remodeling and the area that I had available was technically the dining room; however, it was also a portion of the kitchen. Where you are planning to place the enclosure seems adequate. I do agree with JacksJill, that given the right circumstances it can become a bit of a not so great area if something were to burn and create smoke.

For reference this is how my set ups used to be situated. I dug around for the listing of my condo for these photos. Also please excuse the over saturation of the photograph and dead ficus tree I managed to kill with my talent.

One thing to keep in mind with keeping a chameleon in a kitchen type setting is that these areas are prone to temperature fluctuations due to ovens and stove tops. It does look like you’re aiming for placing it next to your refrigerator, so you may want to monitor your temperatures in that location a bit closer.
Gorgeous kitchen!

your kitchen looks amazing

as for the question as long as your not constantly burnng things and have a circulation of air I think you should be good

Back
Top Bottom