Enclosure help

BabyChamCham

Established Member
Ive relized Oswins enclosure isn’t at its full potential. I’m growing out a Pothos to put in there, plus the tree that’s already in there, and a few false plants. I have more fake plant vines coming in the mail as well as vines to add, and I had a couple of questions .
-For plants in the cage, how can I make sure they don’t overwater? I have an automatic mister, so is there any way I can’t prevent this?
-Where’s a good place to buy plants/fake plants and branches for his enclosure?
I know plants are out for the season where I live, but at least for future reference.
Thanks !

Plants are never out of season! I live in one of the coldest cities in the US and even here places like Lowe's and Home Depot have plants all year round. Plus, you can order them online and get them shipped to you with heat packs. The key is buying plants that are hardy to over-watering. Most of the common live plants we use for chameleons are fairly tolerant. For branches, just collect some nice ones from outside and clean them before use. Alternatively, check craft or holiday stores, or any local plant nursery. At this time of year, people often use unique-looking branches for holiday decorations and they can be found pretty easily - just make sure they're not treated with anything hazardous

Plants are never out of season! I live in one of the coldest cities in the US and even here places like Lowe's and Home Depot have plants all year round. Plus, you can order them online and get them shipped to you with heat packs. The key is buying plants that are hardy to over-watering. Most of the common live plants we use for chameleons are fairly tolerant. For branches, just collect some nice ones from outside and clean them before use. Alternatively, check craft or holiday stores, or any local plant nursery. At this time of year, people often use unique-looking branches for holiday decorations and they can be found pretty easily - just make sure they're not treated with anything hazardous
Thanks for the responce!
Weird, all of the safe indoor plants at my Lowe’s and Home Depot are out for the season. I’ll check it out online, and how do I know if branches at craft stores aren’t treated?
Do you have a list of over water tolerant plants I can use that are safe?

I think you’d be surprised how many plants ebay has available year round. Check them out, that’s where I get all my water tolerant carnivorous plants from.

Back
Top Bottom