Enclosure Feedback - Dragon Strand, MistKing, and Zoo Med

Where did you get them Mexican pebbles? And what size are theym

I got them from a local garden supply store called Armstrongs. They're came in a 20lb bag of 1" - 3" sized stones.

So is mist king a very good sprayer. I have been looking at reviews and posts and I see good and bad for both the Monsoon and the ReptiRain, but haven't read too much on that one. Looking for a good reliable one. I am a new to Chams but have had plenty of other reptiles and animals so I wouldn't consider myself a total rookie..lol

Yes, I'd say MistKing is the top-notch consumer-level product available. I spent a fair bit of time visually comparing the different automated misting products side-by-side at a recent reptile show. In my humble opinion, MistKing is definitely the leader of the pack as far as automated misting products go. (y)

I got them from a local garden supply store called Armstrongs. They're came in a 20lb bag of 1" - 3" sized stones.

Yes, I'd say MistKing is the top-notch consumer-level product available. I spent a fair bit of time visually comparing the different automated misting products side-by-side at a recent reptile show. In my humble opinion, MistKing is definitely the leader of the pack as far as automated misting products go. (y)
Thank you for the info!!

Hey there Nervous, Great set up! I have a cage of the same dimensions from dragon strand. I was looking to upgrade my lights and was wondering if you have the 24" or 30" reptisun LED, and if you have the LED or UVB in the center of the cage.
Again compliments on a well built and awesome looking enclosure.

Hey there Nervous, Great set up! I have a cage of the same dimensions from dragon strand. I was looking to upgrade my lights and was wondering if you have the 24" or 30" reptisun LED, and if you have the LED or UVB in the center of the cage.
Again compliments on a well built and awesome looking enclosure.

Thanks @enomis... I appreciate the compliments! (y)

The light fixture pictured at the beginning of this thread is the 24" T5 ReptiSun LED UVB from Zoo Med. I positioned the fixture with the LEDs towards the front of the enclosure so the UVB bulb would be centered over the center of the enclosure.

NOTE: I'm no longer using this particular light fixture. I recently acquired a second Chameleon and while planning out the additional enclosure I decided to upgrade the existing lighting. I wanted more light as well as specialized bulbs (for UVB, plants, etc). I went with the 24" HO T5 Tropic Blaze Quad Fixture (with 12% Arcadia bulbs) from Light Your Reptiles.

Best of luck! (y)

Hey Nervous, awesome set up!
I recently purchased a clearside medium atrium from dragon strand along with the same lighting fixture (reptisun 24 in led uvb hood) I was just wondering if you had any problems with it before you switched lighting fixtures?

Hey Nervous, awesome set up!
I recently purchased a clearside medium atrium from dragon strand along with the same lighting fixture (reptisun 24 in led uvb hood) I was just wondering if you had any problems with it before you switched lighting fixtures?

Thanks Irvin... I appreciate the kind feedback. (y)

I didn't have any functional issues with the ReptiSun light fixture prior to switching to the Tropic Blaze light fixtures. The primary motivation for me switching (from Zoo Med to Light Your Reptiles) had more to do with wanting my plants to thrive more than they were at the time. I liked the idea of having the flexibility to use 4 bulbs (vs 1); which would allow me to incorporate specialized bulbs (i.e. specifically for plants, etc).

On a related note, one thing I didn't particularly like about the Zoo Med light fixture was the configuration of the plugs and switches... The light fixture needs 1 more plug and 1 more switch (to control the Blue LEDs separately). That's just my $0.02 though.

Best of luck!

I'm working on getting my new dragonstrand cage set up. Thanks for the tips and all the pics! It's really helpful!

I love your setup. I've been thinking about a system like yours and am totally going to steal your idea now. I've got a MistKing and Arcadia lighting, and a large clear side atrium on the way.

Thanks for the feedback folks... I appreciate it! (y)

The Dragon Strand Atrium enclosure is: 28.5″ wide, 29.5″ high, and 18″ deep.

Here's the link for the BYGEL containers - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10271091/. I believe they're only available in one size. They work really well for plants with vines that can be routed around the enclosure. I'm very happy with the way it all turned out.

My Chameleon seems to like the rain nozzle better than the standard misters. I can only speculate this based on the fact that he doesn't run away from the large drops that develop and fall from the screen top like he does from the standard mister spray. Also, when the system turns on with all 3 sprayers enabled he always runs to the middle of the enclosure (where the rain nozzle is located).

The link isn't working it's showing up as an error. The search engine also isn't showing any results.

Thanks Irvin... I appreciate the kind feedback. (y)

I didn't have any functional issues with the ReptiSun light fixture prior to switching to the Tropic Blaze light fixtures. The primary motivation for me switching (from Zoo Med to Light Your Reptiles) had more to do with wanting my plants to thrive more than they were at the time. I liked the idea of having the flexibility to use 4 bulbs (vs 1); which would allow me to incorporate specialized bulbs (i.e. specifically for plants, etc).

On a related note, one thing I didn't particularly like about the Zoo Med light fixture was the configuration of the plugs and switches... The light fixture needs 1 more plug and 1 more switch (to control the Blue LEDs separately). That's just my $0.02 though.

Best of luck!

For anyone looking at the LYR fixtures, and know what you want, take a look at the Odyssea light fixtures. They are the exact same light but much cheaper. Be sure to factor in the cost of a good UVB bulb as well.

The link isn't working it's showing up as an error. The search engine also isn't showing any results.

Google "IKEA" and "BYGEL" if you want to see pictures of the containers. Then if you decide to purchase them, they're only available in-store or via 3rd party (i.e. eBay, etc).

What type of chameleon do you have in this cage? Everyone keeps saying they need to be 4ft tall so just wondering?

What do you keep in it? It's so well planted.

Since I switched to Light Your Reptiles lighting fixtures, the plants have really flourished. There's way more greenery now than when I took the original pictures at the beginning of this thread.

What type of chameleon do you have in this cage? Everyone keeps saying they need to be 4ft tall so just wondering?

I have two identically configured Dragon Strand Atrium enclosures each housing one male Panther Chameleon (from Kammerflage Kreations). I can't comment on other enclosure dimensions (because these are the only enclosures I've ever owned), but both of my Chameleons are thriving.

Back
Top Bottom