Enclosure Bottom

Char333p

Avid Member
For those of you without a drainage hole or system in your enclosures. What do you keep on the floor that will keep it relatively dry? Or something that dries quickly. I know options are quite limited, with all the spraying it needs daily.

You could get a drainage tray for the bottom that the cage sits on. Then either do a gravity drain on it or use a wet dry vac. There are quite a few different trays based off if you will have plants in the bottom or not. https://dragonstrand.com/screen-cages-2/
Get the tray that is slightly bigger then the cage you have so if you have a 24x24x48 then buy one of the large tray options. :)

I have the drip easy tray but it can't hold weight from plants. But I really like it because it separates my guy from the water in the pan.

You could get a drainage tray for the bottom that the cage sits on. Then either do a gravity drain on it or use a wet dry vac. There are quite a few different trays based off if you will have plants in the bottom or not. https://dragonstrand.com/screen-cages-2/
Get the tray that is slightly bigger then the cage you have so if you have a 24x24x48 then buy one of the large tray options. :)

I have the drip easy tray but it can't hold weight from plants. But I really like it because it separates my guy from the water in the pan.

Yeah i have quite a few plants... lot of weight. Thats why its not easy.. an yeah ive looked into those sink type drain bottoms you put under but will need a new type of stand n need bit more space. At the moment i have a layer or those 1x1 microfiber towel things. Thankfully its not leaking through sides.

I use a wider pot then my plant needs and have it positioned in a way that most of the water just funnels right into the dirt.

I use a wider pot then my plant needs and have it positioned in a way that most of the water just funnels right into the dirt.

I actually had a large round pot that actually covered 94% of the bottom.. besides the 4 corners.. it was great for that aspect but it didnt work out well for my plants. Having them all together... i have 4 pots an 1 hanging so all the main drips and misters nosels aim towards those plants.

Lol drainage is a complicated fix. My best thought is to have a metal stand and drill holes for drainage and add a bucket to catch it.. but i went for a prettier stand lol.

So go practical or pretty? That is the issue/question lol

Yeah i have quite a few plants... lot of weight. Thats why its not easy.. an yeah ive looked into those sink type drain bottoms you put under but will need a new type of stand n need bit more space. At the moment i have a layer or those 1x1 microfiber towel things. Thankfully its not leaking through sides.
I have the drip easy tray but I placed it under my normal bottom tray -- I drilled about 15 holes in it so that I can sit my plant down on it and the water drains through the holes into the drip easy tray and I wet vac it out every sunday. It worked PERFECT! no water stands at all in it.

I have the drip easy tray but I placed it under my normal bottom tray -- I drilled about 15 holes in it so that I can sit my plant down on it and the water drains through the holes into the drip easy tray and I wet vac it out every sunday. It worked PERFECT! no water stands at all in it.

Oh wet vac.... gotcha.. good idea... wouldnt want water sitting to long. Builds bacteria.

I went with the xlrg reptibreeze cage, matching xlrg reptibreeze stand, the xlrg reptibreeze tray with added drilled holes, and a black 5 gal bucket underneath. Works great and I have about 1.5 gallons of water going through enclosure every day. I dont think it looks too bad...

Attachments

• IMG_9987.jpg
    IMG_9987.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 98
I went with the xlrg reptibreeze cage, matching xlrg reptibreeze stand, the xlrg reptibreeze tray with added drilled holes, and a black 5 gal bucket underneath. Works great and I have about 1.5 gallons of water going through enclosure every day. I dont think it looks too bad...
That looks great !

Im

I'm feeling inspired
I wanted a drip easy but have plants at my base ... Going to see if I cannot rig up a way to use the heavy duty tray and add a screen floor with a x shaped support reinforced by the heavy duty's plant support x

I think bug proofing might become an issue but I'm down to roll the dice in this one. It just started to rain here in s.d. so I went and turned my mist king on for longer mist session. I'm all about any improvements I can make to my drainage right now.

Im

I'm feeling inspired
I wanted a drip easy but have plants at my base ... Going to see if I cannot rig up a way to use the heavy duty tray and add a screen floor with a x shaped support reinforced by the heavy duty's plant support x

I think bug proofing might become an issue but I'm down to roll the dice in this one. It just started to rain here in s.d. so I went and turned my mist king on for longer mist session. I'm all about any improvements I can make to my drainage right now.
One of the idea's I had that might work well for you if you add a screen floor is to cut larger diameter pvc pipe to the height you would need to place under the plants. Then you have your bottom tray that actually holds the water. Your pvc plant supports with the screen sitting on top and then your plants weight resting on the pvc supports.... I have not tried this but it was something I thought might work. But this would only work with a gravity drain on the pan not wet vac or you would still have to remove the plants off the base...

Back
Top Bottom