Enclosure and lighting

Hunter420

So i recently switched to a 75 watt zoo med basking light. The highest of the cage is at about 90. Middle is about 80. And low is about 76-77. Are there’s temperatures good or not. I will also include pictures for any tips y’all can give me about my enclosure thanks. Also he is a male veiled not too sure of age. I have on live plant too a parlor palm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 137
The dome UVB bulb doesn’t provide adequate UVB. You’ll be needing to get a linear T5 fixture with a 5.0 UVB bulb to place across the top.
I do like that you’ve given your guy plenty of hiding spots. Live Pothos plants are great for veileds and you might want to get one. Veileds like to nibble the leaves and Pothos is safe for them.
Not a bad idea to add some sticks or dowels of varied widths to provide more little highways for him and opportunity to stretch his feet.
Have you filled out the help sheet before? It wouldn’t hurt to do that and have everything reviewed. :)
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

He is a veiled chameleon, I’m not too sure of his age. I’ve had him for about 1 and a half months
I handle him about once a month
He eats crickets and Dubia roaches mostly. Although he loves wax worms every once in a while. I feed him as many crickets and roaches as he wants. I gut load with fruit
I use zoomed calcium without d3 regularly and 2 a month with reprove vitamin and calcium with d3
I do see my chameleon drink i have the zoomed repti rain and repti fogger
He’s never been tested for parasites and his fecal matter has never been a concern
I have a screen cage for him I’m not too sure the dimensions

The dome UVB bulb doesn’t provide adequate UVB. You’ll be needing to get a linear T5 fixture with a 5.0 UVB bulb to place across the top.
I do like that you’ve given your guy plenty of hiding spots. Live Pothos plants are great for veileds and you might want to get one. Veileds like to nibble the leaves and Pothos is safe for them.
Not a bad idea to add some sticks or dowels of varied widths to provide more little highways for him and opportunity to stretch his feet.
Have you filled out the help sheet before? It wouldn’t hurt to do that and have everything reviewed. :)
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/
Hey are my temperatures good tho or not

Back
Top Bottom