empty ten gallon ;)

I've been searching for the same thing. I'm searching high and low for bearded pygmy's to put in an empty tank I have. I want to start a small colony of them, so hopefully some people will start selling or Tanzania will open back up. I was considering geckos, but I don't know how many eggs they have or anything. So I'm gonna keep looking for pygmy's.

I've been searching for the same thing. I'm searching high and low for bearded pygmy's to put in an empty tank I have. I want to start a small colony of them, so hopefully some people will start selling or Tanzania will open back up. I was considering geckos, but I don't know how many eggs they have or anything. So I'm gonna keep looking for pygmy's.

ive thought about pygmies, but as u said..very hard to find :/ specially here in my city where im the only individual within a 60 mile radius at least that has a chameleon -.- and cant find any geckos in that radius either :/ cept from petco..

What do you mean how many eggs they have?

ive thought about pygmies, but as u said..very hard to find :/ specially here in my city where im the only individual within a 60 mile radius at least that has a chameleon -.- and cant find any geckos in that radius either :/ cept from petco..

Well shipping will kill you. Pangea has pretty decent pricing on shipping if you'd like a cresties or a garg. Currently they have 10 week old cresties for sale for $50. You'd get a crestie for under $100 shipped to your door. Now that's a good deal.

What do you mean how many eggs they have?
Like, if you breed them. I was hoping to get into something I could breed, but didn't know how many eggs they have. Don't they have eggs.? I was thinking about researching some more about them and buying a pair. But I don't know yet.

I think i have found one. After that, no luck. I will be forced to pay shipping one them though, as I'm in the same perdiciment as you. NO ONE near me believes in owning chams it seems. Geckos are rather popular though. I have petco and petsmart, but after the horror stories I've heard, no more animals from there.

How about a poison dart frog or two? You can even breed the easy species in that size tank (like auratus).

Toads are very cheap (or free) and very fun to feed and a single toad would do fine in a tank that size.

Pacman frog?

Long tailed grass lizards? (back to full spectrum lighting)

panther geckos?

Tiger salamander?

Fire Salamander?

Axolotls?

Newts?

Fish?

I'm most familiar with Cresties, seeing as I want to breed them. I believe it's the same with Gargoyles as well. Yes, they have eggs of course, being reptiles and all :D

You should wait to breed females until they are over 35 grams at the least. More on that later, but during a typical breeding season a female will lay 1-2 eggs about every month for a few months (I've to look exactly how long). Females do lay eggs regardless if a male is present or not (though I know some do and others don't). You can breed them once and she may retain sperm and continuing laying eggs or she may not. Of course you incubate the eggs and voila...cute little babies!

I'm most familiar with Cresties, seeing as I want to breed them. I believe it's the same with Gargoyles as well. Yes, they have eggs of course, being reptiles and all :D

You should wait to breed females until they are over 35 grams at the least. More on that later, but during a typical breeding season a female will lay 1-2 eggs about every month for a few months (I've to look exactly how long). Females do lay eggs regardless if a male is present or not (though I know some do and others don't). You can breed them once and she may retain sperm and continuing laying eggs or she may not. Of course you incubate the eggs and voila...cute little babies!

Oh that doesn't seem especially hard. Maybe I'll take up breeding geckos until I can find some pygmy's. The only reason why I asked about eggs because I know some chams are live bearers so I didn't know if they were like that as well. I'll defiantly start looking up more about those. :) What size tank are they best in.?

Pet Rock?.........

I had a couple of those when I was young. Big imagination and no pets. yeah, I had a zoo of pet rocks. :) Easiest pet in my opinion. Don't need vets, food, or walked. haha.

How about a poison dart frog or two? You can even breed the easy species in that size tank (like auratus).

Toads are very cheap (or free) and very fun to feed and a single toad would do fine in a tank that size.

Pacman frog?

Long tailed grass lizards? (back to full spectrum lighting)

panther geckos?

Tiger salamander?

Fire Salamander?

Axolotls?

Newts?

Fish?

Oh I was thinking of getting a frog too! Know any good info on them.? :) Whats an axoltls.?

Oh that doesn't seem especially hard. Maybe I'll take up breeding geckos until I can find some pygmy's. The only reason why I asked about eggs because I know some chams are live bearers so I didn't know if they were like that as well. I'll defiantly start looking up more about those. :) What size tank are they best in? QUOTE]

Well geckos are my favorite! There's a lot of reading of course you'd need to do but it isn't rocket science. Now the dilemma of enclosure...

We all agree that for hatchlings and juvies a smaller enclosure is best so they can find their food. As hatchlings you'll want to keep them in something small, like a small/medium critter keeper. As they're older then you can switch over to a 10 gallon. Some just use sterlite containers or other creative, cheap, and useful enclosures. As they come into adulthood, you should give them the largest space you can afford too. Typically something with 20 gallons and over with more height then anything else.

Oh I was thinking of getting a frog too! Know any good info on them.? Whats an axoltls.?

What kind of info?

Axolotls are mexican water monsters.
Pretty cool- I've always wanted some after reading about them long ago but never owned one myself- they come in different captive created color morphs.

Some links with pics:

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/Sufist2/axolotls.jpg

http://www.matapult.com/?p=64

http://benhasten.tumblr.com/post/45603169/how-much-do-i-love-axolotls-a-lot-first

Oh that doesn't seem especially hard. Maybe I'll take up breeding geckos until I can find some pygmy's. The only reason why I asked about eggs because I know some chams are live bearers so I didn't know if they were like that as well. I'll defiantly start looking up more about those. :) What size tank are they best in? QUOTE]

Well geckos are my favorite! There's a lot of reading of course you'd need to do but it isn't rocket science. Now the dilemma of enclosure...

We all agree that for hatchlings and juvies a smaller enclosure is best so they can find their food. As hatchlings you'll want to keep them in something small, like a small/medium critter keeper. As they're older then you can switch over to a 10 gallon. Some just use sterlite containers or other creative, cheap, and useful enclosures. As they come into adulthood, you should give them the largest space you can afford too. Typically something with 20 gallons and over with more height then anything else.

Hmm...okay. That sounds good. Those are defiantly in consideration right now. I was thinking about those all white ones. I like those. I'm just going to keep looking and researching to see what I like.

What kind of info?

Axolotls are mexican water monsters.
Pretty cool- I've always wanted some after reading about them long ago but never owned one myself- they come in different captive created color morphs.

Some links with pics:

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/Sufist2/axolotls.jpg

http://www.matapult.com/?p=64

http://benhasten.tumblr.com/post/45603169/how-much-do-i-love-axolotls-a-lot-first

Like how to keep a frog. I like pixie frogs. At least, I think that's what I saw today...Those are amazing! :) Where can you buy one of those.?

LOOK WHAT MY MOMMY GOT ME!!! SHE LOVES ME!! <3 its prob a 30 gallon and comes with everything, now i need ideas on what to put in it ;) better than the ten gallon, right?

425251_365827056761023_100000011947764_1458522_638859478_n.jpg

428153_365827123427683_100000011947764_1458523_1237717128_n.jpg

406471_365827173427678_100000011947764_1458524_154567086_n.jpg

Personally , I'm going to eventually put a uromastyx in the tank my beardie was in , or the bigger one that my fat-tail gecko was in . Maybe try to get a chuckwalla too .

sooooo whats the verdict??? what did you choose :)

still dont know yet..putting the ten gallon aside, might use for cricket breeding later, and found a guy in my city that breeds cresties, but doesnt sell -.- and its like pulling teeth to get ahold of him..but maybe i could work out a deal for a breeding pair for my new 30 gallon :p if i do get ahold of some, and you still didnt find any, ill help you get some :)

Back
Top Bottom