EMERGENCY

Jbennaim

My veiled has had the cough I posted another thread he went to sleep on the floor last night and I planned to make an emergency trip to the vet tomorrow morning I just woke up and he’s lying almost lifeless he moves every few minutes but it’s just his head please someone help me what do I do
Please call me this is a serious emergency I know I’m not supposed to put my phone number but it’s worth it if someone can save him
407-928-5783

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpeg
    IMG_2003.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 104
Mouth open, eyes shut, legs sprawled out on the bottom of the cage...... I would say too late, other people will probably say different just because I said that, anyhow...happy days too you...if you want another, I suggest reading up on chameleon husbandry

The vet said it could not be helped he was in a coma and was in a vegetative state when I got to the vet he said the cause is unknown because he didn't have mbd or any signs of sickness I decided to put him down and not let him suffer longer the vet suspected that he fell and hit his head trying to climb

The vet said it could not be helped he was in a coma and was in a vegetative state when I got to the vet he said the cause is unknown because he didn't have mbd or any signs of sickness I decided to put him down and not let him suffer longer the vet suspected that he fell and hit his head trying to climb
Sorry for your loss

I am very sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately there could have been internal issues with MBD as you and I spoke about yesterday and without an xray there is no way to determine that. And with the last thread we talked about his cough and I suspected an RI and recommended Vet treatment. These animals are very good at hiding illness until they just are aren't. They decline in a matter of minutes to a few hours.

Should you decide to get another chameleon please post a thread so you can get all the husbandry issues corrected prior, to avoid you going through another situation like this.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately there could have been internal issues with MBD as you and I spoke about yesterday and without an xray there is no way to determine that. And with the last thread we talked about his cough and I suspected an RI and recommended Vet treatment. These animals are very good at hiding illness until they just are aren't. They decline in a matter of minutes to a few hours.

Should you decide to get another chameleon please post a thread so you can get all the husbandry issues corrected prior, to avoid you going through another situation like this.
For sure I'm not going to get into another chameleon for a little just to make everything right next time

Im betting URI. They can go from 100% to zero in only a few days. Day 1 fine but acting "funny". Day 2 making popping noise with mouth a few times a minute. Day 3 looks like OP. Ive had it happen 3 times in 20 years. I had a pair of beardies(brothers) uri happens just like i said, at age 8, the other in the cage was fine, and lived to 13.

Back
Top Bottom