Emergency kit

primestick

Well it lookss like we are going to be in for some bad weather tomarrow. I searched the forums and gound a few things about prolonged power outages and extream cold. But nothing as far as a kit for these types of emergencys.

This is my plan so far, Im going to get one of those big foam coolers and a bunch of heat packs place towels on the bottom that are a little moist with heat packs under them and then place some sticks and fake plants.

If any one wants to work on a list that we can make a sticky of for these types of things that would be great.

hahahahaha sorry but i just checked the weather for your area. seems beautifull to me check the weather in Toronto Canada the last few days and im an hour north of that. glad to see your concern for your cham tho

I am getting a kerosene heater..I have a small apartment and have 3 snakes and a chameleon i plan on if the power goes out to bring everyone (in their cages) into the living room and use it. you just have to be verrry careful because their lungs are smaller and the heater will give off monoxide so if there isn't proper ventilation you could kill them

I am getting a kerosene heater..I have a small apartment and have 3 snakes and a chameleon i plan on if the power goes out to bring everyone (in their cages) into the living room and use it. you just have to be verrry careful because their lungs are smaller and the heater will give off monoxide so if there isn't proper ventilation you could kill them

good point on the fumes basically all portable gas, fuel or kerosene heaters give off fumes that can be very harmfull if not vented properly.

Kinyonga had one on here a couple of years back. You might be about to do a search and find it.

Look at page 23 right column. Lizards tend to have less of a problem with gasses that often rapidly kill mammals. Another reason why they are awesome. :)

http://www.avma.org/issues/animal_welfare/euthanasia.pdf

I recommend that you do not use sticks at all. Should the tub get moved around or shaken/dropped the animal could be seriously harmed by the sticks. The towel alone is fine as it will probably just go to sleep anyways.

Well made it throught the night with a small poweroutage nothing that made my house temp drop too low. The only reason i was so conserned is that GA is one of the oldest states in the union still using the origional powerlines edison put it... lol, this place is crap when it comes to constaint power and internet.

hahahahaha sorry but i just checked the weather for your area. seems beautifull to me check the weather in Toronto Canada the last few days and im an hour north of that. glad to see your concern for your cham tho
Its 13 degrees warmer here today... The south isnt what they made it up to be. I miss sunny California

Back
Top Bottom