Eggs?????

jenn5734

Y'all... I must have the most stubborn chameleon in the world. Kidding, of course. Maui still hasn't laid. She is still eating. Still drinking and pooping and nothing has changed. The vet said "probably within a month" and that was up Oct 11th. She has been getting closer to the bottom of the cage, but she hasn't actually gone IN her lay bin yet. She's getting misted about once a day with the fogger for about 2 minutes, and with the water bottle twice a day for about 20 seconds each. She loves to drink out of the bottle. Should I just put a sheet around her and hope for the best? Should I wait until she goes inside her lay bin and then put the sheet on her? Our family room is pretty low traffic. She can see us, but it's usually just myself and my mom during the day and we aren't by her cage. I don't want to take her to the vet unless I have to. She's not acting sick, she's acting like her normal self. Help?

When she’s ready, she’ll make her way to her lay bin and get started. I understand all too well the anxiety of waiting for her to lay, but all I can tell you is it’ll happen when it’s time. If you want to make her feel more secure. You could cover just the lower sides of her enclosure and keep her door side as is. Once she goes in her bin, then cover the lower part of the door. If she starts showing signs of distress such as eyes closed during the day, not basking/staying low in the enclosure, lethargy, etc, then she’ll need a vet visit ASAP.

Oh my gosh, this is some level 10 anxiety. No one tells you this when you get a itty bitty female chameleon! The waiting game is terrible! I feel like I'm waiting for my daughter to go into labor lol (she's due in January). I'm so worried she'll get egg bound.

I second what Skittles said. You're in good company with the nerves. All us female keepers get anxious when it's time for them to lay. Just wait until she starts digging -- that's when more anxiety kicks in :p

Back
Top Bottom