Eggs?

welfukit

I’m looking to buy a ambilobe, nosy bee and an ambanja egg. At least one of each. The only listings I’m seeing are on eBay. Please help

I’m looking to buy a ambilobe, nosy bee and an ambanja egg. At least one of each. The only listings I’m seeing are on eBay. Please help
My first question would be if you have experience or have done enough research and know how to care for the eggs/have all the equipment? I’m just wondering! 😊 I cannot help you with the eggs though I’m sorry!

Last edited:
I’ve got 20+ years experience with chameleons and a lot of college classes but this will be a first time I’ve hatched them myself. Thank you for being the type of person to ask. These guys are beautiful but not for the inexperienced.

I’ve got 20+ years experience with chameleons and a lot of college classes but this will be a first time I’ve hatched them myself. Thank you for being the type of person to ask. These guys are beautiful but not for the inexperienced.
That must be really cool and exciting! Hope all goes well. You’re welcome, I’m a really curious person 😅, and yes I totally agree.

I’m not a curious person just a rude one sometimes. If a person says I’m thinking of getting a chameleon for my kid but don’t know what kind. I tell them None. Get a book. These aren’t pets for the uneducated or inexperienced and definitely not for kids. It’s not a puppy. Learn first. Very likely you’ll see this isn’t the pet you want.

I’m not a curious person just a rude one sometimes. If a person says I’m thinking of getting a chameleon for my kid but don’t know what kind. I tell them None. Get a book. These aren’t pets for the uneducated or inexperienced and definitely not for kids. It’s not a puppy. Learn first. Very likely you’ll see this isn’t the pet you want.
Yeah but sadly it happens A LOT. A lot of them don’t care for them and say they’re happy when they clearly aren’t. It’s really sad and I hope we can try and change that, maybe one day they’ll all be cared for right that’s a big hope and dream I have. For all animals
the launch love GIF by CTV
What If Dreaming GIF by chelsiekenyon

I know it happens a lot. I was one of those people 25 years ago. Back in the day there wasn’t these forums to help. There’s nothing wrong with not knowing. There is something wrong with not being willing to learn. I read books then took college classes. A lot of what I know is from experience and not all of it good. My first chameleon was a veiled and would come down out of plants to try and get a piece of me. Rude but I can’t blame her in the least.

I personally have never seen a reputable breeder selling eggs publicly, probably because of newbies thinking it’ll be cool (I’ve only ever seen randos with little to no experience or people in breeding for the money and not the chams selling eggs), so I’d try to reach out to breeders you like (and that are properly vetted) to see if you can come to an agreement with them, maybe? Also, welcome on here! I’m sure you’ll be a great asset with all of your experiences and knowledge!

Aaawww thanks for that erklerose. Id like to help people new to this. There’s a lot to know depending on the breed. The difference between a smart person and an idiot is the smart person admits they don’t know and asks questions. The idiot does nothing. These guys are a passion of mine. Feel free to ask questions.

Aaawww thanks for that erklerose. Id like to help people new to this. There’s a lot to know depending on the breed. The difference between a smart person and an idiot is the smart person admits they don’t know and asks questions. The idiot does nothing. These guys are a passion of mine. Feel free to ask questions.
If you do get your hands on some eggs. I would love to see the process and your journey with them. Is that something you would consider, what I mean is post your whole journey/process here, from egg to chameleon?

Absolutely. I’d love to share. Y’all can critique. People don’t know how hard hatching eggs can be. Yes if you can find them they are cheaper the a baby chameleon but that’s because there’s a high mortality rate. I do know what I’m doing in theory. I haven’t succeeded yet. But if can even help someone a little I’m thankful for it. Let me first say that I have a a LOT of experience and education. Even with all that it’s still difficult. I give me a 70/30 of success. I don’t know it all and there’s always room to learn. Mine usually come with temper tantrum’s and curse words. Helps my process.

Back
Top Bottom