Eggs!!! Fertile??

Panthergirl11

My female panther Chloe just laid a second batch of eggs. She first laid in April. The first clutch I assumed was infertile so I tossed them. We had tried to breed her but never saw them "hook up" so we assumed they hadn't. Now she just laid 29 eggs just 2 months later. I'm so confused because they should be infertile.

What do u think? I put them in substrate just in case and ill see if they mold. I should have done this with the first clutch but we were pretty sure nothing happened.

uha9amev.jpg

My panther girl laid infertile clutches every 2 months like clockwork. If you didn't see them mate then you'll just have to wait and see if they develop to know whether or not they're fertile. You can candle the eggs to look for blood vessels once they're 3-4 months old if they haven't molded by then.

i was wondering the same thing about my cham. i dont have a male but shes laying eggs. anybody wanna anwer that?:confused:

My infertile eggs are usually more yellowish. I'd hold onto them anyway but you can't now for certain until they either mold or not. I have a retained clutch that was laid in SEPTEMBER, after the mating the previous NOVEMBER and they're still going. When candled they are pink and have embyos in them, so they're viable. I'm glad I kept them just in case!

My infertile eggs are usually more yellowish. I'd hold onto them anyway but you can't now for certain until they either mold or not. I have a retained clutch that was laid in SEPTEMBER, after the mating the previous NOVEMBER and they're still going. When candled they are pink and have embyos in them, so they're viable. I'm glad I kept them just in case!

Wow September! That's a long time! I'll hold on to them and we will see what happens. I should I kept her first clutch and I'm kicking myself for not doing that.

Back
Top Bottom