Eggs denting

bradmeyer57

My eggs have been incubating for a week now and some are starting to dent but not mold. I added water to the incubator to increase humidity but is it too late ? :(

It could be too dry, too wet, temps too high or low or the eggs are infertile. It is really hard to tell. What are you using to incubate the eggs in? Incubator, medium, temps etc?

Iam using a reptibator. It has been very hard to keep the temp steady since it has been so hott here in sandiego. they are in deli cups with vermiculite and the humidity had dropped to 60% over the week and i was gone. i added water to the base and some to the vermiculite and now it is 79 degrees and 84 percent humidity. The eggs should be fertile i let the pair mate 3 times before she went gravid. My main questions is, are my temps and humidity okay? and if the eggs have dented are they dead now?

Layed Her First Clutch!

Hey, My veiled cham has just Layed Her First Clutch there has been no male influence in all of it but, I was just wondering if there was any possibility of any hatching? are they worth keeping?
Thanks!

Hey, My veiled cham has just Layed Her First Clutch there has been no male influence in all of it but, I was just wondering if there was any possibility of any hatching? are they worth keeping?
Thanks!

Depends on when you got her and how old she is, if shes wild caught or captive bred. Usually if they are captive bred you get them young enough that they havent bred yet so theres no chance of it being a fertile clutch, if they are older then maybe. Wild caught is definetly possible of them being fertile but its a gamble.

79 degrees is too high, lower to 72 if your skipping diapause (which I wouldn't). I have my panther eggs at 64 degrees for the first 3 months and then gradually bring the temp up to 72-75. I think it's too late for your eggs to be dropped to 65. So just lower them to low 70's.

i have been trying to lower my temps but unfortunatly i dont have a heating/cooling incubator and i cant get the temps down sould i remove the eggs from the incubator? room tewmp is about 76-77.

Back
Top Bottom