Eggs cracking open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

solosigns

Eggs have been delivered aug 21 2010, just looked at the eggs today after many months of waiting. And now... 2 eggs have shurnk and cracked open.

How long does it take for them to pop out?
Should i help them?
Should they be moving, cause they are not moving in the egg

please leave detailed info thanks

solo

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 251
Im not a breeder but from what I have read on here you are supposed to leave them ALONE because they continue to absorb the yolk sac and will come out on their own when they are ready

This is a big scary world, give them time to get ready.:D They will start coming out soon, now that they are pipping. Baby pictures soon!!

when you take the lid off the container and they crawl out and try to get away then it is time to move them to there hatch bins.

I hope you have fruitfly cultures in full production!!! about 2-3 days after they hatch they start eating like little pigs!! good luck!!! I have a clutch hatching as well!! Its great to see captive born babys. It keeps more in the wild!!

2 of them are out and in the cage..

they just sleep all the time! is this normal? not even interested in the flys.

any ideals on the heat, and water?
my temps are 82 under the lights and range down to 70
I mist threw out the day

They usually don't eat in the first few days because they're still internally absorbing the last of their yolk sacs. I think most start eating around the 3rd day from what others have posted.

Are they always sleeping with eyes closed or just sitting there? And if their eyes are closed is it every hour of the day or just sometimes? Do they have lots of places to hide?

every time i sit and watch them they are sleeping but when i leave them alone and come back later they moved in a new spot and are sleeping.
yes I have alot of fake branches and leaves for climbing and hiding
also tons of flys

If you have tons of flys in with them you might want to move then to a place away from all the fly's so the fly's don't crawl all over them.

ok found out the clutch is all bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when they pop out of the egg they just lie on there side not moving at all.
they have no normal instinct to move walk open eyes anything.
after trying to give them more time to sit and come out of there normal coma state, still nothing!!!!
day later try to move them to the cage and they kinda move around, still very little movement coma state (not a healthy baby cham)

breeding was normal eggs were layed normal everything was good to go
the clutch was put into a incubater at 72-74 degrees for almost 6 months egg contaner was weighted threw out the time and growing. humidty was good everthing was perfict

then the egg incubater broke!!!! temp droped to low 60's
must of been like that for maybe 1-2 days than i got a new incubater. temp than was slowly brought back up to 75-78 for the last couple months
after bringing the temp up i did see that the eggs than started to grow alot faster than befor everything seemed fine

only thing i can come up with the clutch being all bad is the dramatic temp drop.

also i had that CHEAP CRAPPPPYYY (LLL REPTILE MINI FRIDGE)
WHAT A JOKE THAT THING IS!!! after the mini fridge broke i called LLL retile
and it turned into a huge ordeal, there is no waranty and they would not replace the fridge.
I than told them when they shiped the unit they put vermiculite inside the fridge and when i opend the unit it was spilt all over the fridge. they looked back when i called about that problem 6 months prev.
still would not replace unit.
After talking to a (manager) and stressing about the camelion eggs and that they are now probley bad. there response was they didnt care.
after looking into the mini fridge online many other people have had the same thing happen to them.

THANKS ALOT LLL REPTILES FOR YOUR HELP AND YOUR CHEAP CRAPPYYY MINI FRIDGE AND MY DEAD BABY CHAMS

WITH LOTS OF LOVE
SOLO

PS
AND 8 MONTHS OF MY DREAMS OF BEING A FATHER TO HEALTH BABY CHAMS

PSS

I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN ...........:mad:NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom