Egg vailed chameleon

Karma the Cham

Hello, I’m new, I have a vailed chameleon and she has been laying eggs the last 2 months,she laid 1 egg about 2 weeks ago and she hasn’t layed any more, and I’m starting to get worried that she could be Egg bound
¡Please help!

image.jpg
That’s a picture of karma (mi Cham)she isn’t done yet because I still feel those eggs in the feet’s

She has layed 46 eggs as in right now
Did she lay them in a hole that she dug all at the same time and fill in the hole? How many clutches has she laid?
When she's digging don't let her see you watching her or she may abandon the hole and become eggbound. She may already be eggbound. It depends on how much you fed her and the temperatures you kept her at and also on the laying sight and husbandry.

She has MBD.. you need to take her to the vet asap. Do you have UVB light in her cage? Can you post a picture of the whole enclosure?
We took her like 6 months ago and I managed to make her walk because she wasn’t even eating and now I feed her daily with calcium and she was able to walk and gain more grip
Did she lay them in a hole that she dug all at the same time and fill in the hole? How many clutches has she laid?
When she's digging don't let her see you watching her or she may abandon the hole and become eggbound. She may already be eggbound. It depends on how much you fed her and the temperatures you kept her at and also on the laying sight and husbandry.
she layed them in separate times

@Serbianchameleon is right she has MBD and you need to treat her for it. Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum. You'll need to see a vet for the MBD too.

To treat MBD you need to bring the D3, calcium, phos, vitamin A back in line and then keep them there. She will need extra calcium for some time too. After its corrected you will need to make sure you keep the nutrients in balance so it won't happen again. You need to feed the insects a proper diet as well.

You need to control her diet and temperatures so she won't keep laying big clutches or she will die eggbound soon. She should only be eating 4 or 5 crickets (or equal calories in other insects) every 2 or 3 days. Her basking temperature should be at 80F.

She might be eggbound already. If she shows signs of it...lethargy, sitting low in the cage, eyes shut during the day, etc. get her to a vet ASAP for spaying.

You said..."she layed them in separate times"...not a good thing at all...that usually means they are in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom