Egg Sweat Time

Have an egg that is starting to sweat hard enough that it has a small puddle equivalent to 4 or 5 drops of water? When it comes to Panthers what kind of times do you get after the sweat in regards to piping?

The candling is a week ago, other pic is today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200212_211517.jpg
    IMG_20200212_211517.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20200218_160317.jpg
    IMG_20200218_160317.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 251
Getting closer to hatching. If you're peeking with the lid off the container a lot...don't...you don't want to dry the egg out.

5 days later and it's still kind of just chilling out. Not sweating heavily anymore and egg appears to be slightly shriveling up. Wondering if it went south :(

Have been at 73° steady since my last post and nothing thus far. I know there's a whole candeling debate and I'm not trying to blind these little guys by any means nor find myself in the midst of that debate. Just enough time to get a picture to post on here. I'm just letting it ride at this point and I guess we'll see.

I'm really curious though if anyone has had a sporadic hatching time with panthers? At the same time has anyone had a premature sweat to put it. It's crazy to see how much the egg grew pre-sweat and how much it shrunk after missing peace is little dude pipping and crawling out.

In regard to captive bred lines Vs wild caught is there that much of variablr in regard to hatching times ?

I've had sporadic hatching of several species of chameleons including panthers. It partly has to do with them being placed in the container an inch apart and partly to do with the position of the egg in the incubation container and partly to do with wether the first one to hatch walks over other eggs while its waiting to be rescued from the container.

Hopefully the thickness of your egg shells isn't too thick for the hatchling to break out or too dry that it becomes stiff and inflexible.

Regarding incubating eggs in captivity or in the wild...in the wild they hatch all on the same day as a rule. They need to so they can dig out of the hole and there's safety in numbers to some degree while they make their way to the shrubs/trees/brush. In captivity they don't have to hatch all at the same time...there's no hole to dig out of or predators to eat them. The spacing apart of the eggs in our incubators seems to stop the embryos from communicating so they can't "agree" on when to hatch.

Yeah I bought 3 eggs all different hatch dates. 1 was due around two weeks ago super clean and wire looking. Another due 3-1 is In the same state. The egg posted above was also 3-1 but as mentioned hasn't done alot since initial sweat.

Are you getting the supposed hatch due date from the breeder? There are far too many variables for someone to predict a hatch date with any real accuracy based on anything other than observation of the actual egg, at least in my opinion.

I am sure you could find someone out there who will swear up and down that they can do it, but I would have to call bs on that.

Multiple clutches from the same parents can vary in hatch date by as much as a few months in my experience, and trying to predict when it's going to happen is nothing but a cause of unnecessary stress.
And if they are from different clutches? Fahgetaboutit. LOL

Back
Top Bottom