egg oozing liquid??

Aliciax3

So I have 3 pygmy eggs due to hatch any day now. Yesterday I noticed one that had shrunken and had a crack in it with a clear liquid oozing out. I know it is normal for them to shrink before hatching, but has anyone experienced their eggs oozing out liquid? I just want to see if this is normal or not?

no its thicker than water. I know they sweat before hatching too and it does have a few small beads of water on it but the liquid I am talking about is thinker than that and looks like its coming from inside the egg. I'll try and see if I can take a clear picture of it. Maybe that will help?

They didn't come out as clear as I had hoped but I hope it helps.

Attachments

• eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 831
  • eggs1.jpg
    eggs1.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 923
I hope so! It has been like that for two days now and I hope I'm just being paranoid for no reason. Thanks for your help!

just out of curiousity what type of chameleon laid those eggs???
i have no idea but you could try looking it up?. idk
hope everythings ok:(

my pygmy chameleon (brev)
I tried searching it and only found one other thread that had close to the same thing happen, but they didn't really get an answer for it either. "/

AWE :DD those are ganna be cute!! :D i just became a first time chameleon owner about 12hrs ago. i got a fischers chameleon. try looking up the last months winner of the photo contest he said he has bn working with pygmies for years he might know. or idk if chris anderson would know but you could try asking him.

When crested geckos hatch, they have wierd thick goo come out too.. Im guessing some kind of waste or leftover from the egg?
My guess is the egg died and cracked, or the baby broke it open on accedent. I dont think it should be dead, but candle it if you can.:)

When crested geckos hatch, they have wierd thick goo come out too.. Im guessing some kind of waste or leftover from the egg?
My guess is the egg died and cracked, or the baby broke it open on accedent. I dont think it should be dead, but candle it if you can.:)

I really don't want to move it and disturb the baby if he is still alive. You have no idea how tiny the eggs are so I'm just going to wait and see if the lil guy makes it. Thanks for all the suggestions and concern guys.

The eggs are venting, this is part of the hatching process and very normal. It can take up to 5 day for the baby to come out from the first day of the vent. Dont mess with them and good luck

Those eggs do not look very good to me. Brevs usually always come out within 24 hours after the egg starts sweating, and even though it is hard to see in the pictures, it does not look like normal sweating. Some eggs/babies just won't make it-but don't give up-there are plenty that do.

And yes-I AM STILL ALIVE-for all of you people that will be shocked that I am posting!

The eggs don't look like the three that I just had hatch, although I never give up until eggs mold, totally shrivel and turn orange/black and are totally ick.

Back
Top Bottom