Egg laying

Hi all!

i have had my precious girl since March. She was a few weeks old when I purchased her.

She has grown, a lot, and I know it is coming time for her, age wise, to be laying eggs.

I have had a egg laying bin in her cage for a few weeks now and have not seen or noticed any digging or laying.

As of recently she has been acting weird. Darker color during the day time, where she used to be brighter colored during daytime
Hours. she turns light green when she sleeps, but gets dark shortly after waking up.

she has been eating regularly,but there was one or two days I didn’t notice her eating. as for water she has a misting system that does off several times a day.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how to keep her happy and healthy.

Best,
M

I can!
Currently at work right now but I will do so once I am home.
Hi there welcome to the forum. Could you post pics of the entire enclosure lights down so we can see what your working with?
Hi there welcome to the forum. Could you post pics of the entire enclosure lights down so we can see what your working with?

Hi again. Here are two photos.

So just to add some more into this, when I got home I noticed my T-5 bulb was not working. Switched the bulb with a spare and still nothing. I think the hood that holds and powers the lights stopped working. All I had for a back up is a bulb form UVB light. Contacted the company so hopefully I will get a new hood or need to purchase one. Just want you to know I have been using and will switch back to the Reptisun T-5, the “bulb” UVB is just temporary.

It can only have been a few days the T-5 UVB hasn’t been working, so perhaps the color change was due to the fact there was no UVB intake?

Thank you for the help and any constructive criticism and advice.

97AE5C8B-4615-43BB-9301-CDC6AF83422F.jpeg
86EC0D09-BE95-4072-A59C-94E3920BEBE0.jpeg

Hi again. Here are two photos.

So just to add some more into this, when I got home I noticed my T-5 bulb was not working. Switched the bulb with a spare and still nothing. I think the hood that holds and powers the lights stopped working. All I had for a back up is a bulb form UVB light. Contacted the company so hopefully I will get a new hood or need to purchase one. Just want you to know I have been using and will switch back to the Reptisun T-5, the “bulb” UVB is just temporary.

It can only have been a few days the T-5 UVB hasn’t been working, so perhaps the color change was due to the fact there was no UVB intake?

Thank you for the help and any constructive criticism and advice.

View attachment 278629View attachment 278630
I have nothing really to say against the enclosure. Your doing well with it. The lack of UVB would absolutely explain the difference in color and even temperament.

Can you post a few more pics of your girl for me though. I see an old thermal burn to the casque but I am interested in seeing her gular area.

Here are some pics. She did have a cask burn but I think it has healed quite well. I just weighed her and she came it 198 grams. Edit (my scale may be off)
29E8A8A2-1585-4E87-BEA2-757AF8072B1C.jpeg
7876FC0F-70D8-4954-926E-E903D0FFE798.jpeg
312ED805-E150-44E2-8C5A-53DBFB7D16F9.jpeg
279B3E0B-868B-442A-B477-8743B5507E16.jpeg

@kinyonga What do you think. Am I correct in seeing edema in the gular area between her front arms?

@ClimbTheCanopy what supplements do you use and what is your schedule with them?
I use a multivitamin once a week and the crickets are always dusted in calcium. I will have to look at the label of the calcium to see if it has D3 in it, my assumption due to the edema is yes. I will start a new regimen and back off until I notice results.
I also set up an appointment with the local exotics vet to get her checked out.
Thank you for the help.

I use a multivitamin once a week and the crickets are always dusted in calcium. I will have to look at the label of the calcium to see if it has D3 in it, my assumption due to the edema is yes. I will start a new regimen and back off until I notice results.
Thank you for the help.
While there’s many different ways to supplement, this is the basic regimen: calcium without D3 at every feeding except one per week. That one weekly feeding you want to use a calcium with D3 one week and the next use a multivitamin.

Thank you for the help.
When you get a moment take a picture of the ones your using... Females can be more sensitive to their supplementation. So it would be helpful for us to know what exactly you have before you change anything.

When you get a moment take a picture of the ones your using... Females can be more sensitive to their supplementation. So it would be helpful for us to know what exactly you have before you change anything.
Once I’m home from work I will update everyone on the supplements

Once I’m home from work I will update everyone on the supplements
Well I kinda feel like and idiot. The calcium says it has d3 right on the front. I wasn’t aware of the over abundance of d3 causing issues with chams, but now that I am I will back off in the
D3 until the symptoms start to go away and in the meantime purchase and use calcium w/o d3.
I have an appointment set up with my local reptile vet just as good measure.
Thanks again for the help.
C5A2E2CD-87E1-4FBA-8D24-1ABCE1D637CD.jpeg

Well I kinda feel like and idiot. The calcium says it has d3 right on the front. I wasn’t aware of the over abundance of d3 causing issues with chams, but now that I am I will back off in the
D3 until the symptoms start to go away and in the meantime purchase and use calcium w/o d3.
I have an appointment set up with my local reptile vet just as good measure.
Thanks again for the help. View attachment 278815
So actually both of those have D3... Honestly I do not prefer exo terra multivitamin as it does not have vitamin A in it...

If I were you I would switch to arcadia supplements... This is a starter pack. If you decide to go this route I can tell you how to use them https://dragonstrand.com/product/arcadia-earthpro-starter-pack/

But the other option is repticalcium without D3 at every feeding then two times a month use reptivite with D3 say on the 1st and the 15th. The reptivite is your multivitamin with A and D3.

Back
Top Bottom