Egg laying

Asour89

Established Member
My girl just laid eggs.... it seemed to be pretty successful! (Fingers crossed) how long do I wait to dig the eggs up...? What do I need to do now? Extra misting? Extra food?

Was she with a male? If not you don't need to dig the eggs up right away...but IMHO it's important to know how many eggs she laid.
Is she a panther?

Hydrate her well for a few days. Also...Feed her well for a couple of feedings and then if you want to control her clutch size somewhat you will need to cut her back a bit on the amount you feed her. (This is why it's important to know how many eggs she laid.)

Was she with a male? If not you don't need to dig the eggs up right away...but IMHO it's important to know how many eggs she laid.
Is she a panther?

Hydrate her well for a few days. Also...Feed her well for a couple of feedings and then if you want to control her clutch size somewhat you will need to cut her back a bit on the amount you feed her. (This is why it's important to know how many eggs she laid.)
I have read that you should dig up and count the eggs. She has not been with a male, I have read that it’s better to let her have one clutch before mating... not sure how true that is, but my male is still too young now I believe (he’s 5 months). She is a panther.
She is now climbing back to the top and she already started to drink... those are good signs, right?
I have been freaking out since her first time being gravid, I’ve read so many horror stories. She is also covered in dirt, will she get this off on her own? With misting? This is a big milestone for my girl!

She’s also super skinny now.... which is another good sign? And once she has climbed back to the top, she should be done, right?

I don't know where it comes from that it's better to let them lay a clutch before mating...I've never done that. IMHO it's a myth.

If she laid the eggs, filled in the hole and has returned to the branches thinner, hungry and thirsty then hopefully all is well. I always say keep an eye on them after egglaying and if they show any signs of going down hill you need to act on it quickly.

You can mist her GENTLY with a fine mist to get the dirt off if there's any around the eyes and mouth...otherwise it should/can come off on its own.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom