Egg laying process?

I have put curtains around chams enclosure so she can have privacy. But still no luck going in the lay bin. I went to check on her today and her coloring was quite dark and I noticed her butt was swollen or somthing? Is this normal?

Attachments

• 0B0F0752-BAC1-4D2B-9980-96057159BE28.jpeg
    0B0F0752-BAC1-4D2B-9980-96057159BE28.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 114
  • F9C560FB-141E-4AEB-A1CA-43E15629BCE2.jpeg
    F9C560FB-141E-4AEB-A1CA-43E15629BCE2.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 794B82C1-2C8A-4FF7-B7DF-AE471D373570.jpeg
    794B82C1-2C8A-4FF7-B7DF-AE471D373570.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 106
how everything did you take her to the vet?

I called the exotics vet, the one close to me refused to see her (not taking new clients) they are booked till next week. I’m trying to get into one in Seattle on Tuesday. The bump on her bum completely went away.... and I caught her digging a couple times in her lay bin. I’m trying to stay away from her enclosure while Closely monitoring her. If anything changes they told me to come in for an emergency apt.

She has still been eating and drinking but I’m extremely concerned about her not laying yet. Calling the vet again today to see if we can get in sooner.

This kind of stuff is what makes females harder to keep. Your in the tough spot of keeping your distance so you don't scare her while trying to keep a close eye on her health. Its not easy. Ever considered a Cham cam? They are surprisingly cheap.

This kind of stuff is what makes females harder to keep. Your in the tough spot of keeping your distance so you don't scare her while trying to keep a close eye on her health. Its not easy. Ever considered a Cham cam? They are surprisingly cheap.
Yes! i really thought about one when I went on vacation and had a friend watch her. Unfortunately I don’t wanna try to add one now. Trying to keep my hands out of the cage!! But definitely will look into after. Is there anything to help her lay? I have seen her in the bin a bit.. but no major holes. She’s still very large and I can see eggs in her belly so I know she didn’t lay.

I called the exotics vet, the one close to me refused to see her (not taking new clients) they are booked till next week. I’m trying to get into one in Seattle on Tuesday. The bump on her bum completely went away.... and I caught her digging a couple times in her lay bin. I’m trying to stay away from her enclosure while Closely monitoring her. If anything changes they told me to come in for an emergency apt.

She has still been eating and drinking but I’m extremely concerned about her not laying yet. Calling the vet again today to see if we can get in sooner.
So my only concern now is you’ve waited this long to take her to the vet the more septic she’s becoming. Believe it or not egg binding isn’t something that should be a wait and see what happens. My vet said most owners wait till it’s to late to take there animals in and by the time they get them they cant save them and the owner wonders why.

When it comes to reptiles in General they will hide something is wrong with them till they just can’t chameleon no more.

Yes she’s eating a drinking but idk if everyone knows this but even if she’s egg bond or binding the cham will continue to eat. Not all go off food right as they lay. This is one other those other fails info ppl spread and try to generalize chameleon keeping.

So my only concern now is you’ve waited this long to take her to the vet the more septic she’s becoming. Believe it or not egg binding isn’t something that should be a wait and see what happens. My vet said most owners wait till it’s to late to take there animals in and by the time they get them they cant save them and the owner wonders why.

When it comes to reptiles in General they will hide something is wrong with them till they just can’t chameleon no more.

Yes she’s eating a drinking but idk if everyone knows this but even if she’s egg bond or binding the cham will continue to eat. Not all go off food right as they lay. This is one other those other fails info ppl spread and try to generalize chameleon keeping.
Other than covering the bottom half of the viv like we talked about, no not really. Oxytocin shot from the vet after an examination, that's about it.

I definitely agree she needs a vet. And I’m trying my best to get her in.

I am so worried about Camie she is with eggs I took her to the vet 4 weeks ago and the eggs were there but not clustered he said, not my poor Camie is so big, her eggs are at her butt you can see them thru her skin, she has egg laying bin , she goes down looks at the bin sits need it for a few then returns to the top of the cage, today she went down looked at the bin and when back into her leaves, she sits with her mouth open sometimes she has black dots but she is mostly dark green she has not stopped eating, this is her first time laying eggs she is about 8 months old, do they go into labor could she be confused it is her first time, I am so worried

They dig holes under bushes or in thick foliage. I always make sure there is cover around and over the bin. If it's out in the open and in the light she may not feel safe enough to stick her head in the ground.

I am so worried about Camie she is with eggs I took her to the vet 4 weeks ago and the eggs were there but not clustered he said, not my poor Camie is so big, her eggs are at her butt you can see them thru her skin, she has egg laying bin , she goes down looks at the bin sits need it for a few then returns to the top of the cage, today she went down looked at the bin and when back into her leaves, she sits with her mouth open sometimes she has black dots but she is mostly dark green she has not stopped eating, this is her first time laying eggs she is about 8 months old, do they go into labor could she be confused it is her first time, I am so worried
She know exactly what to do, as her keeper it’s your responsibility to give her what she needs to accomplish this.

Start your own thread.

Back
Top Bottom