Egg Help

Well, unfortunately none of the eggs survived. It was Karma's first clutch, and I think it was just a weak group of eggs. It was pretty disheartening, but these things happen. Oh well....I have 27 still looking good and strong showing some signs of hatching soon. :)

That is a bummer:( Its weird that lots of people report the first clutch dying on them even if mated. It happened to me with my first panther female. Fingers crossed for the next clutch!!!

Wrinkled eggs

I just cut one open that was very wrinkled, looked more round a couple days ago. baby's head is exposed but not moving. If you cut into the crease of the wrinkle you should be OK. Would you like some photos?

I just cut one open that was very wrinkled, looked more round a couple days ago. baby's head is exposed but not moving. If you cut into the crease of the wrinkle you should be OK. Would you like some photos?

Check the dates.. This happened 9 months ago..

Wrinkled Pygmy chameleon eggs

Out of eight eggs that hatched out three are left, one was too weak to cut through the egg and it did not make it. then I saw this post about cutting open the eggs. Two days ago I cut a small slit in one egg and when I went to cut the last one I noticed there was already a 3-4mm slit in one end. They are starting to wrinkle and change color. I do not know whether to wait or cut them open. they both still have fluid inside but the wrinkling is upsetting me as I think they may not make it.

Back
Top Bottom