Egg hatching question

Well, once again, with lack of information all we can do is assume.

I fully agree, I tend to lack Tack, but it was not my intention to be rude to you at all. I don't sugarcoat stuff, I am blunt, and to the point always, some people don't care for that, but it's who I am.

I also, did just mention, I don't know why you were not given critique on that Enclosure, I fully commend you for trying to get critique, and am Glad to hear you got it elsewhere.

I asked you again, maybe you did not see it, and a little more directly than the questionnaire.

1. What type of lighting are you using with the babies, the cage is fine, for now size wise but it needs more plants and proper lighting.
Ideally they would each have their own, but I realize that is not always possible.

2. What are you feeding them, did someone else where give you a proper diet?

Really that's All I care about right now. To ensure they are fine for now, and we can deal with the rest later.

The reason, I don't think it's a good idea, to give eggs to a beginner, and so does every other breeder you will find on this site. Is because they are EXTREMELY fragile, and sometimes just die, no fault of your own. Even a few days without improper lighting, or feeding could have long lasting health effects if not death.

I never meant that as an Insult to you, at all, I clarified that multiple times. I wish you lots of luck with the babies, and as long as your care is correct, if they or some do die, don't let it get to you.

Honestly, no offense to everyone I know it's easy to get caught up. But I think this your friend set you up for failure (not on purpose) and we just intesfied that. And my coming off as rude, likely did not help, so for that I am sorry.
There should have been a rundown for you, the day you posted the cage.

I get it, this is something that your passionate about and I can respect that. So lets start over.
As for the answers to your questions. They currently have a 13w uvb bulb and a 60watt daylight blue. Set on a 12hr rotation. Basking temp at the highest branch is 85f.
They are currently eating pin head crickets and I have 3 fruit fly cultures going that they when when they produce enough. Each feeding is dusted with Supercal NoD and I have a bottle with vitamin d for a dusting every 2 weeks.
Other info- Right now i currently have a fogger that is operated by a outlet with a humidity sensor that keeps the humidity between 65-75% and I also hand mist 3 times a day. My mist king system is currently backordered hence the fogger.
I know the cage is too small to house them any longer than 3-4 weeks which is why I am currently building 5 24x24x48 enclosures with solid sides and back to help hold in humidity since i live in AZ and its very dry.
And yes I have added some more branches and foliage to the cage but no real ones yet.

Oops mispaste lol.

I would not run the basking light. That was a concern from the caresheets in regards to babies.

You don't need it, babies don't need it that hot. The UVB is likely enough for basking, you could add another if you want, basking like 80 tops, pref more like 77.

The cage is fine, for a bit, like 2-3 months. I don't know if putting them in large Vivs right now is a good idea. 5 cages that size is what you would have wanted. Or smaller, like DS nursery's or something. Maybe someone else will chime if they have put a baby in a big cage.

Otherwise sounds good :). Good Job :). I'm in AZ too, it can be hard here.

Last edited:
Selling barely used Denon x6500h.

It works great, only had it a few months, barely used it still have Original Box ECT. It's just more than we need, we have a x3400, in the back, that's more than enough.

I thought we could fit the full 7.2.4, but we cant :(. There is no just way to work in more speakers.

Located in Arizona 85929.

I would not run the basking light. That was a concern from the caresheets in regards to babies.

You don't need it, babies don't need it that hot. The UVB is likely enough for basking, you could add another if you want, basking like 80 tops, pref more like 77.

The cage is fine, for a bit, like 2-3 months. I don't know if putting them in large Vivs right now is a good idea. 5 cages that size is what you would have wanted.

Otherwise sounds good :). Good Job :). I'm in AZ too, it can be hard here.

The ones im building are going to have adjustable height bottom trays so I can keep them at 24" height and adjust them down as they grow so I can minimize the fall height risk.

At least your up by show low where it is some what cool. I'm down in phoenix and it was 115 today.

The ones im building are going to have adjustable height bottom trays so I can keep them at 24" height and adjust them down as they grow so I can minimize the fall height risk.

At least your up by show low where it is some what cool. I'm down in phoenix and it was 115 today.

True. I was PHX born and raised it sucks lol.

My mom was Litteraly just texting me you guys got an excessive heat warning for the next 10 days.

I remember walking to school that day it was like 122, years ago, my shoes were melting to the pavement lol fun times.

Also since you are a PHX native, I lack Tack probably because I grew up on 27th ave and Thomas :)

Last edited:
Only a tad bit ghetto back in the day. I grew up in Prescott until 12 then I lived at 19th ave and Indian School.

Yep, I worked over there at EFC the telemarketing joint. Defiantly not the best place to live in our day. I guess it's worse now though, my dad and stepmom moved there, and I don't talk to them but my step brother does and he says it's even worse. Sucks you think they would do something by now, they just gave up as it's a lost cause.

I lived in Twin Palms behind the 7/11. From like 13 to 19.

Shoot we might know each other, I'll be 33 in Nov. Lol.

Here is that list you asked for Brody

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
5 - PANTHERS, GENDERS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN, 5-8 DAYS

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
HANDLED EACH ONCE TO MOVE FROM INCUBATION TRAY TO CAGE. (WOULD NOT CRAWL OUT ON A BRANCH OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN MY FINGER)

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
PINHEAD CRICKETS - 6 EACH A DAY, WILL ADD A FEW MORE IF ALL ARE GONE QUICKLY
FF- AS MUCH AS THEY CAN EAT TO A SMALL CONTAINER AND PLACE IT IN THE BRANCHES. REMOVE REMAINING IN AFTERNOON

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
SUPERCAL NOD EVERY FEEDING. SUPERCAL WITH D3 ONE FEEDING EVERY 2 WEEKS.

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
HAND MIST 2-3 TIMES A DAY. DRIPPER DRIPPING THROUGH THE FOLIAGE. HAVE SEEN EACH ONE DRINK

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
SMALL BLACK OVALS. NOT OLD ENOUGH

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
LIVED A VERY SHELTERED LIFE PRIOR (EGG) :LOL:

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
18X18X24 SCREEN. CURRENTLY BUILDING 24X24X48 COMBO ENCLOSURES FOR EACH WITH ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT BOTTOM TRAYS.

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
CURRENTLY ZOOMED TROPICAL UVB AND HEAT KIT

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
BASKING - 85 HIGHEST, CAGE FLOOR 75, ZOOMED ANALOG GAUGE

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
65-75%, FOGGER CONTROLLED BY CONTROL BOX WITH HUMIDITY PROBE.

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
FAKE PLANTS FOR NOW

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
CORNER OF A SECONDARY ROOM. NOT NEAR FAN OR WITHIN 15FT OF AIR VENT. LOW TRAFFIC AREA

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?
ARIZONA

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
NONE AT THE MOMENT

Just ignore him^

I’d be happy to review everything with you once you have your form and pictures ready.

Not getting involved with the fight, but I've seen you get pretty needlessly harsh on people as well brody. I'm no saint either and won't claim to be. Just being fair. Cyber has been here since '13 thiugh and I've seen him post a lot of good stuff, ignoring him would be unwise.

Instead of us fighting let's just try to be civil, fill out help forms, give each other a chance, you know blah blah lol

Not getting involved with the fight, but I've seen you get pretty needlessly harsh on people as well brody. I'm no saint either and won't claim to be. Just being fair. Cyber has been here since '13 thiugh and I've seen him post a lot of good stuff, ignoring him would be unwise.

Instead of us fighting let's just try to be civil, fill out help forms, give each other a chance, you know blah blah lol
Awww grandma for the save (y)

We're just calling it a truce and everyone just got a little overheated and will just move forward from here.

I can’t deny that, I do have to be reminded to play nice sometimes.

Just a little friday motivation lol

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564774870883.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564774870883.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom