egg bound?

malll0302

My two year old female chameleon has never laid eggs and has continuously had the proper bin to do so in. I’m worried for her as she appears to be a bit on the larger sides, is she egg bound or just fat?

Attachments

• AB662F53-269A-40DA-AB9D-9FFF218D34C9.jpeg
    AB662F53-269A-40DA-AB9D-9FFF218D34C9.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 74D3C738-2F1B-41AD-B042-6D6461B78376.jpeg
    74D3C738-2F1B-41AD-B042-6D6461B78376.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 69
How much do you feed her per week?
What supplements specifically do you use and how often for each?
What specifically do you feed/gutload the insects with?

she usually gets about 3 crickets a day or a few super worms, i alternate those two and she gets calcium and reptivite multi vitamin by zoo med about twice a month on her crickets, id says about 15 crickets a week or 10 super worms a week. the crickets eat fluckers complete cricket diet orange cubes.

Has she ever dug?

I feed/gutload both superworms and crickets with dandelion greens, kale, collards, mustard greens, escarole, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, carrots, sweet red pepper, etc and a tiny amount of apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.

If you've only been using the calcium twice a month she could be short of it and it might be stopping her from laying eggs. I'm not a vet it's just an opinion/possibility.

I dust lightly at all feedings but 4 amonthnwith a phos free calcium powder, twice a month, 2 weeks apart with a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly and the remaining two times, two weeks apart with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene source of vitamin A.

She’s never dug or shown any interest in her bin and doesn’t frequently visit the bottom of her cage, she’s in a male sized cage and has plenty of space; she also has a live hibiscus plant and eats the leaves as she pleases, she usually goes through a whole mid sized hibiscus plant every two months.

If she starts sitting low in the cage, sleeping during the day, acts lethargic, etc then she is likely becoming eggbound. The hard thing about that is that by that time the only alternative is being spayed before she declines to the point that she won't make it through the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom